• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Forcing title to top of list

sshearer

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Does anyone know if there is a way to force a title to the top of the list of movies other than adding the number 0 and a space to the beginning of the title? Kscape appears to ignore spaces or other non-printing ASCII characters at the beginning of a title name.

The reason for the question is that I have a custom made intro DVD and thought it would be easiest and quickest to always be able to locate that DVD if it was the very first in the list.

Any thoughts or tricks of the trade would be appreciated.

Scott

No way to do this, though many of us have requested this feature.

There's no ideal workaround that you probably haven't already thought of...
  • make a collection just for your intro so it's at least at the top of that list.
  • make a script that plays your intro and then the movie you want... you'd have to edit the script to change the movie each time, but that takes only a few seconds.
This is one of the main reasons for having the script functions - to play intros, previews, shorts, and then a feature movie for your family's 'Movie Night'. See the scripting section here on the board for my "Movie Night" script.
--josh

Josh,

Thank you for your reply. I had thought about the script and while that doesn't take long, I lot of the DVD's I am currently watching are HD DVD and unfortunately are not yet capable of being put on the KScape. Secondly, many times, I am letting a guest pick out what movie he/she wants to watch in my theater and don't want to have to tell them to wait a couple minutes while I go program a script.

I had tried putting a space in front of the title, but KScape simply ignores the space.

Maybe someday they will decide to add this feature. Feel free to add my name to the list of users that want it.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Scott

Back