• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Finding upgradable DVDs in the store

dlittle

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Has anyone else noticed that the store has removed the option to search based on price. I used this feature specifically to search for DVDs in my collection that could be upgraded to HD quality (in the store, My Kaleidescape -> Digital Offers, and adjust the search criteria to show offers $2.99 or more, which eliminated the Blu Ray to HD offers).

Anyone know of another way now to quickly search the store to see if any of your imported DVD's have HD upgradable offers?

Thanks!

Odd, I used it for the opposite - to find out which Blu Ray titles I could upgrade to UV to unslot them and skip past the HD upgrades as many of the titles I don't have a desire to upgrade at this time.

At the same time they removed the price searching, it looks like they raised prices on the movies.

On the few titles I have been tracking, I haven't seen any price increases but I am only tracking a few.

It is true that on the last two collections that were added (Mother's Day Comedies and Spring Musicals) there were no sales (and they were not marked as sales like the usual with HD for $4.95). I am not sure if this means anything or not but I would be very surprised if K has no sales in the future.

John

I should have clarified. I don't mean they changed prices in existing titles, but the new additions seem to be higher priced. Perhaps it is an attempt to increase retail price realization.

Got it! The last few new releases have not been the $14.97 pricing that we have seen in the past. I am hoping that is not a trend. I think the next major release that will give us an indication is "Amaerican Sniper".

All the above being said, I don't see how going away from the new release pricing helps them. For me, it just means that I purchase from Vudu or actual BR and with uv rights I get to download the K version from the store without purchasing from Kaleidescape.

John

Agreed, it would be better for them if their pricing coincided closely with Vudu.

Got it! The last few new releases have not been the $14.97 pricing that we have seen in the past. I am hoping that is not a trend. I think the next major release that will give us an indication is "Amaerican Sniper".

All the above being said, I don't see how going away from the new release pricing helps them. For me, it just means that I purchase from Vudu or actual BR and with uv rights I get to download the K version from the store without purchasing from Kaleidescape.

John

And as I mentioned in another post, American Sniper can be only downloaded in two systems and not five. Hope it's an isolated case and not another new practice(as the $14.97 pricing or the elimination of collection sale)

And as I mentioned in another post, American Sniper can be only downloaded in two systems and not five. Hope it's an isolated case and not another new practice(as the $14.97 pricing or the elimination of collection sale)

Did you check with Kaleidescape on this? I would be interested In what they say about it.

John

And as I mentioned in another post, American Sniper can be only downloaded in two systems and not five.

American Sniper can be downloaded to up to 5 systems (I have queued it to 4 systems on my account just now) if you purchased the movie from the Kaleidescape store. However, if you purchased the movie from some other store (e.g. Vudu) and are using the UltraViolet license to download it for free from the Kaleidescape store, then the number of systems you can download it to can be as few as 2 or as many as 5 (depending on the studio). Warner titles, for example, are only allowed to be downloaded to 2 systems when using the UV license.

Back