• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Extended Warranty Details.

nomad07

Can someone please advise the specifics for extending warranties.

Do equipment have to currently be under warranty to get an extension.

What about of time are extensions are available?
How much are warranty extensions?
Is there a copay for repairs?
Is shipment both ways covered or is it in house service?
Where can they be purchased? manufacturer, dealer?
How many extensions can continue to be added.
Any other details.

No one has any input on this? Not from customers who have done it, dealers, or even Kaleidescape themselves.

Don’t know why.

Kaleidescape products are designed to provide years of entertainment. The investment in a Kaleidescape System is protected by Kaleidescape's standard limited warranty, and this warranty can be extended up to a total of five years for all products, with the exception of the Speed Reader, by purchasing an optional Kaleidescape Extended Limited Warranty.

An Extended Limited Warranty can be purchased at the time a Kaleidescape product is purchased, or at a later time provided the product is still under warranty. The standard warranty period can be extended by one or two years, to a maximum of five years for all Kaleidescape products, with the exception of the Speed Reader. An Extended Limited Warranty cannot be purchased if the warranty on the product has expired.

The warranty services provided by the Extended Limited Warranty are identical to those of the standard limited warranty as specified in the Kaleidescape Service Policies

That's from their site.
Shipping back is covered, not shipping to.
A dealer needs to purchase for your system.
Cost varies on component and 1 or 2 year option.
Had to currently be under warranty.
No Co pays, it's the same warranty.
Component can only have 5 years total warranty. Initial 3, plus a single 2 year extension, or two 1 year extensions.

And for more info, my 6tb Strato has an warranty available for $450US MSRP per year. I don't believe any Strato has an expired warranty yet, but a 4tb Alto would have a $1400US MSRP out of warranty replacement cost.

And for more info, my 6tb Strato has an warranty available for $450US MSRP per year. I don't believe any Strato has an expired warranty yet, but a 4tb Alto would have a $1400US MSRP out of warranty replacement cost.

I may have wrong info but I've been tracking Strato sales on various sites. The earliest build unit I saw was stated to have a warranty that expired 6/1/2019 or two days ago. There was one unit that expires in July. Most expire in late 2020 or early 2021. Again this is based on info from sellers with only 2/3 of them stating warranty date. Serial numbers on half also kind of fill in the expiration dates for some of the others.

At $450/yr I'm not sure if I would add extended warranty, or just sell it and buy a later model which "might" be better value since used units run $2500-3000 with a mean of $2800

Oddly I've personally only ever seen the 6TB Starto units sold used. Curious what the proportion of 6TB to other size models sold new and used is.

Back