• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Exorcist 4K

Tone doesn’t often make it through in forums. Lately it seems like everyone wants to complain about everything and I assumed that’s what you were doing too.

I was just pointing out that K is in a no-win situation.

-If they don’t post a film on Day 1 they’re crucified for not having it when someone else does.
-if they post what they have without all the highest quality assets, they’re crucified because they don’t have what someone else posted.
-if they update a title after release they’re crucified because John already watched it without [feature].
-if they post a title with a knowingly flawed asset, they’re crucified because John already watched it with a flawed asset.

Nobody will ever be happy without perfection. Nothing will ever be good enough. It’s exhausting.

Just watch a movie and enjoy it.
Agree completely. Obviously this thread is about Exorcist but there is a LONG list of titles on K that are missing some kind of asset they shouldn’t be. Plenty of titles that are UHD when HDR assets are out there, Atmos missing, DTSX missing, etc etc. I’m sure there is a long list of reasons why. I know some titles have not come out in a format because K wasn’t happy with the assets. Others I have no idea. There are plenty of titles missing 4K all together that probably shouldn’t be (as digital services have them but K doesn’t). I don’t think there is some large conspiracy though. I wish K was a bit more forthcoming on the whys and why nots though as it would hopefully quell these speculative types of threads that typically turn to bashing on their brand.

What Kris Deering said!

It's so easy to assign people bad motivations when there's only silence. So I fault Kaleidescape to some degree since they definitely *could* respond here or elsewhere to keep us loyal users more in the loop.

At the same time, I don't get all the negative speculation. IMO, it's a waste of time because the only correct response is "I don't know."

I just re-read the whole thread and frankly, I see no "bashing" of K and I see no real doom and gloom. Just people first wondering when it'd hit the store and then wondering why some elements are missing. Mostly the blame is placed on the studios, disappointment is expressed, but nobody's anger is directed at K. No conspiracies discussed about K withholding anything on purpose. Maybe there's a different thread I'm not seeing.

Back