• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Exorcist 4K

We've seen K add HDR to films when they have the assets ready and we've seen them add UHD versions to films that were only in HDR. I'm sure when K has the appropriate assets, the movie will be updated. But please, let's just continue the doom and gloom scenarios........

Speculating why a premium platform (at a premium price tag) is not offering the highest available quality of a title that IS already available in physical format is hardly unreasonable. Please continue to voice your opinions. If anything, K has a tendency to respond to the community when multiple people share the same concern. That’s part of what this forum should be for…

K will give it to you when they have it is not really an answer IMO

Weird. I read somewhere that this was a conspiracy against users and Kaleidescape was choosing to withhold the best of the best.

;)
That's not what happened though. Nobody said Kaleidescape was "choosing to withhold the best of the best."

Now that artwork has changed.. lol. Rolling updates
yeah, it sucks that they made what they had/were satisfied with and then keep improving it instead of delaying the release until you buy the disc, then release it all at once a few days later. I hate that about Kaleidescape. They need to either post assets even though they have issues, or not post anything at all until after you've bout the disc.

Rolling updates are a benefit of the system. When's the last time a studio sent you a new disc at no charge because they improved something?

yeah, it sucks that they made what they had/were satisfied with and then keep improving it instead of delaying the release until you buy the disc, then release it all at once a few days later. I hate that about Kaleidescape. They need to either post assets even though they have issues, or not post anything at all until after you've bout the disc.

Rolling updates are a benefit of the system. When's the last time a studio sent you a new disc at no charge because they improved something?
Here's my issue with rolling updates: if you bought this when K first posted it and watched it last weekend - you watched it without Atmos. And if they upgrade it to HDR tomorrow, you watched it without HDR. Are you gonna watch it again this weekend because the audio track got upgraded? I understand and appreciate that K clearly did not get all the materials from the studio, I'm not blaming K for that. They post what they have. But they also don't communicate when they expect upgrades to come soon. If I know they get an HDR upgrade and the Director's Cut next week, I'll hold off on buying the disc and wait to buy the movie from K, my preferred method to watch films. But fact is, there is no guarantee they'll get it any time soon. So I guess I'm gonna get the disc, watch the movie on disc. I'm not likely to watch it again on K any time soon, which is what I would have preferred to do and not spent extra money on the disc. People who get the titles right away and watch them right away miss out on the upgrades unless they want to sit down and watch the same movie every time something is upgraded.

I do appreciate that K clearly labeled the current download as the Theatrical Cut. Sometimes things are confusing.

Geez man.. I was just letting the thread know. Calm down

True. I take it back. Just meant I wanted to let the group know the cover was updated. I have nothing against rolling updates. I do wish we had transparency from K around ‘expected’ releases

True. I take it back. Just meant I wanted to let the group know the cover was updated. I have nothing against rolling updates. I do wish we had transparency from K around ‘expected’ releases
Fair enough! But other people just want to vent. I don't think anyone meant anything against you.

Tone doesn’t often make it through in forums. Lately it seems like everyone wants to complain about everything and I assumed that’s what you were doing too.

I was just pointing out that K is in a no-win situation.

-If they don’t post a film on Day 1 they’re crucified for not having it when someone else does.
-if they post what they have without all the highest quality assets, they’re crucified because they don’t have what someone else posted.
-if they update a title after release they’re crucified because John already watched it without [feature].
-if they post a title with a knowingly flawed asset, they’re crucified because John already watched it with a flawed asset.

Nobody will ever be happy without perfection. Nothing will ever be good enough. It’s exhausting.

Just watch a movie and enjoy it.

Tone doesn’t often make it through in forums. Lately it seems like everyone wants to complain about everything and I assumed that’s what you were doing too.

I was just pointing out that K is in a no-win situation.

-If they don’t post a film on Day 1 they’re crucified for not having it when someone else does.
-if they post what they have without all the highest quality assets, they’re crucified because they don’t have what someone else posted.
-if they update a title after release they’re crucified because John already watched it without [feature].
-if they post a title with a knowingly flawed asset, they’re crucified because John already watched it with a flawed asset.

Nobody will ever be happy without perfection. Nothing will ever be good enough. It’s exhausting.

Just watch a movie and enjoy it.

All good and agreed! I think we’re all here because we saw the value in Kaleidescape and invested in the system

The Exorcist was arrived a few days after the disc hit, so it may still happen this week.

Back