• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Exorcist 4K

Thanks, that helps, I did purchase the HD version from the store, it wasn't a D2D, odd that the price would be more depending on how it was purchased, guess that'

It's odd that they are not promoting this yet on the site. Maybe there are further updates coming (HDR, director's cut)? Fingers crossed.

That is odd that it’s not on the “New 4k Arrivals” list. Interesting.
I've found that those 'lists' or highlight rows on the site/app do not auto-populate, they're manually updated. Oftentimes release-day new titles are available by search but don't appear in any specified list until later. Generally just after 9am California time, which leads me to believe titles can automatically become active in the store, but don't automatically populate to specific lists, and if a title is added to the store after those lists have been updated for the day, often it's the following day when they're added.

Taking things one step further into my speculation, if a title like the Exorcist makes it past that second day without being added to a highlighted category list, I ASSUME that perhaps there is more coming, perhaps K is refining the HDR encode, or they've requested a new Atmos audio track, and they don't want to promote the title until updates have been made.

100% speculation on my part.

I've found that those 'lists' or highlight rows on the site/app do not auto-populate, they're manually updated. Oftentimes release-day new titles are available by search but don't appear in any specified list until later. Generally just after 9am California time, which leads me to believe titles can automatically become active in the store, but don't automatically populate to specific lists, and if a title is added to the store after those lists have been updated for the day, often it's the following day when they're added.

Taking things one step further into my speculation, if a title like the Exorcist makes it past that second day without being added to a highlighted category list, I ASSUME that perhaps there is more coming, perhaps K is refining the HDR encode, or they've requested a new Atmos audio track, and they don't want to promote the title until updates have been made.

100% speculation on my part.
I like your speculation! Sounds great to me.

I had already the K HD version from disc upgrade pricing some time ago. My upgrade to the 4k UHD cost $9.99. I suspect this is an error on K's part?

Calling Mike Kobb to answer.

I had already the K HD version from disc upgrade pricing some time ago. My upgrade to the 4k UHD cost $9.99. I suspect this is an error on K's part?

I suspect: You would’ve gotten the cheaper price on the disc-to-HD. That’s a disc offer, which in my experience is under $5. Now you’re going from store HD to store UHD. So that’s a store upgrade, which in my experience is $9.99. But would definitely love Mike to weigh in — I’m just going based on what I’ve observed with different Warner upgrade offers.

You probably deleted your cataloged blu-ray before the store started remembering your discs, even after deletion.

I bet if you catalog the blu-ray again, you'll see the lower price.

I’ll just add this. Myself and most people on this thread probably aren’t worried about a buck difference, but we just want to understand better how pricing works. What I am worried about however is not being able to get Exorcist 4K in HDR. Halloween is almost upon us. 😮🎃

Not just HDR, but also the Director's Cut. Personally I'm far more concerned about that. I'm pretty much only going to watch the Director's Cut, so while I got the upgrade to UHD, I won't be watching it. I'm pretty bummed out this is happening. I just wish we got a response if this is just a delay or if we need to get the physical disc to get the Director's Cut.

Not just HDR, but also the Director's Cut. Personally I'm far more concerned about that. I'm pretty much only going to watch the Director's Cut, so while I got the upgrade to UHD, I won't be watching it. I'm pretty bummed out this is happening. I just wish we got a response if this is just a delay or if we need to get the physical disc to get the Director's Cut.

Agreed

Yeah this is hugely disappointing new trend with them…hope it’s just a fluke. It seems to be relegated to catalog titles from Warner and Parmount being neutered in some form or fashion compared to even the lowly streamers. Enter the Dragon has the Atmos but no HDR, Exorcist is a total mess missing hdr/atmos/cuts, Flight has no HDR, I get the WWZ thing being Shout though and I’m assuming Footloose as well with 4K SDR no HDR. Also Ferris has Atmos but no HDR.

It’s still not being promoted on the site or app. This is very odd for one of the biggest catalog title releases of the year. Hopefully this means they are working on the issues that users are mentioning in this thread. Rosemary’s Baby is due in a couple of weeks. Fingers crossed we don’t see the same issues.

I'm also puzzled by why the studios insist on so much secrecy with K. They often don't announce upcoming titles, there are almost never dates announced. I am genuinely puzzled by why the studios would want this secrecy. They promote their releases of discs. I know K always says they follow studio instructions on these things, but I can not understand why the studios do this at all.

Its also weird that this isnt showing up on "new to 4k" on the Kscape app yet either. Maybe theres still hope theyll add HDR before they start advertising that it is available in 4k

Its also weird that this isnt showing up on "new to 4k" on the Kscape app yet either. Maybe theres still hope theyll add HDR before they start advertising that it is available in 4k

We can only hope at this point, but more movies are being released in the store in 4K with SDR. This is a problem. I went ahead and just got the 4K disc.

It’s very odd that they are not promoting this considering the importance of this film and also that it’s October and horror movie month. Maybe they are working on adding director’s cut and 4K.

Back