• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Enhancing theatrical experience - Dolby Atmos intro

Nowayman

I also wanted to add an idea.... As a lifetime enthusiast of AV I feel if I might like this others might to....

IDEA #1 👀 [ more ideas to come in the future ]
People with Kscape systems tend to have large systems and enjoy a theatrical experience.

Why not add all the much loved Dolby, DTS, IMAX, AURO3D, THX sound format intro sequences to the platform. Imagine if we could download them and have a simple feature in the menus to randomly assign a format 30 second intro that corresponds to the movie you're about to watch. When you press play Kscape would....

- Black screen with some information coming through to enable the handshake to the processor and projector [ 3 seconds would be about right...]
- Play the intro - We all sit back and marvel as well as congratulate Kscape for being so unique and great and ohhh and ahhhh on how this feels EVEN MORE LIKE THE CINEMA 😆
- Then the movie commences..

It's really super simple and a low hanging fruit that could really amplify your consumers experience, add value and of course you could write up a lovely press release along with your sound technology partners and introduce as a new feature. These trailers to my knowledge are NOT currently available to download which is for me the problem. Im sure there is a SUPER complicated way to make this work with a separate source device but we didn't buy Kscape to be complicated.

They would also make for GREAT demo clips also!

Trinnov just released a bunch of their own for free download which is both cool and useless to me as I have no way to play them....

Just a dopey idea from a new customer who loves your product and who would love to see additional value added over time.

Back