• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Elvis rental not in 4K?

Surge

Hi, I’m seeing that only purchasing Elvis is in 4K/HDR, the rental is HD. Is that correct?!

There’s no such thing as geo limitation on the quality a rental! Come on man.
Must be an error.

I’m not sure what’s going on there. I would suspect an error in what’s called the “availability” data that determines sale and rental pricing and availability in each movie store territory, but I can’t be sure. There are occasionally really weird limitations that seem like they must be errors but are not.

In any event, I alerted our store team to check on it. Unfortunately, since it’s the weekend, we probably won’t get an answer until tomorrow at the earliest. If it needs to be escalated to the studio it could take a bit longer.

You mentioned that you had emailed support. Did you email support@kaleidescape.com? I see that you emailed me directly and also movies@. Neither of those is a support address, although movies@ will get to the right folks for this question.

Sorry not to be able to get you a quicker answer.

I’m not sure what’s going on there. I would suspect an error in what’s called the “availability” data that determines sale and rental pricing and availability in each movie store territory, but I can’t be sure. There are occasionally really weird limitations that seem like they must be errors but are not.

In any event, I alerted our store team to check on it. Unfortunately, since it’s the weekend, we probably won’t get an answer until tomorrow at the earliest. If it needs to be escalated to the studio it could take a bit longer.

You mentioned that you had emailed support. Did you email support@kaleidescape.com? I see that you emailed me directly and also movies@. Neither of those is a support address, although movies@ will get to the right folks for this question.

Sorry not to be able to get you a quicker answer.
Thank you. Will do.
FWIW, I have never seen a quality limitation by renting vs buying in the Apple Canada store. Certainly this movie is available to rent from iTunes in 4K.

I just heard back from the store team, and it was indeed a data issue. The 4K version of Elvis should show up for rental on the Canadian store within the hour.

Apologies again for the trouble.

Thank you Mike for following-up on this, really appreciate it!
I will rent it tonight.
Happy Holidays.

Back