• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Ebay Fake Auction

appliedautomation

Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
Hi, going on previous information of the photos in this current eBay auction, the auction is fake!

These photos were also used on another auction, which was fake, but this time the photo of the serials is missing. I spoke to KS about the serials, at the time the server was online in New York with 2 other servers and the 4 players had all been traded in years ago.

I will see if I still have a copy of the other photos.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kaleidescape-Complete-System-1-Server-and-4-Players-/191679548363

Thanks

I found the photos in my emails from the previous person trying to sell it.

Serial Numbers

Players
6C8A
6B8A
6CD6

Server
731B

Many thanks for this.

Definitely fake I would say.

I was in touch with the seller (0% feedback!) earlier today before reading this post via eBay messaging and asked him to provide serial numbers. He said he would, but only to a private email address and immediately pushed me to make an offer outside of eBay, even though it's a non fixed price auction. He didn't even have a clear ball park figure, even though he says he's owned it for 2 years. I said I would only deal through eBay and after a bit more back and forth, he's gone silent. Wasn't prepared to provide the serial numbers in the end.

Dodgy and unfortunately all too good to be true.

I *will* own a 3U server one day (taps heels) ;)

Its probably the same person, offered it to me for £1500 last year using the same tactics as you describe.

Suddenly I became the highest bidder after another (0) rated bidder pulled out.
Shortly before auction end got a message to talk via the following emails and offered serial numbers., then out bid by yet another (0) rated buyer out bid.

deal.hunteruk@aim.com and deal.hunter@aol.co.uk

No reply for photo request of serial numbers

And request to deal outside eBay.

It's really hard to get eBay to check the bidder out, seems on local police can do it

Timbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is, verbatim, what he finally sent me when I pushed him on the serial numbers:

"Hi,

Ok,

Serial 0000 0000 xxxx
Where are you located ?
Do you have an offer ?
deal.hunteruk at aol.co.uk is my personal address you can contact me directly.
I have also more pics if you want.

Regards,

Deal Hunter Uk
deal.hunteruk@aim.com

"

I replied asking him if he was kidding regarding the serial numbers and his reply was:

"What ?
That is the serial.
You dont know nothing about this.

Deal Hunter Uk
deal.hunteruk@aim.com
"

Reported to Ebay as I suspected it was fraudulent. As part of this process, they didn't even provide a form to give more info on why I thought this might be the case. Very shoddy.

I note as of today the item has been sold on eBay for £1726

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not going to believe it, I just received an email:

Hi,

I agree with collection but the payment must be sent first.
Xxxx is a low price for these.
I cannot agree.
If you can go higher we can deal.
Reply asap

Regards,

Deal Hunter Uk
deal.hunteruk@aim.com

This email 5 hours after the bid had close on eBay , tried reporting it to Police but all I got was online reference which didn't work...

I do hope that the other bidders are not taken in....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

a little advise guys...if it seems too good to be true..Stay away from these guys. As Kscape users and forum members, we generally all know what this stuff is worth plus or minus. You simply have to pay to play.

I'll report this to eBay.

Jim

The listing has been reported to eBay as possibly fraudulent, not sure what they will do to verify authenticity, and it may take awhile, so any interested buyer should be very careful in dealing with this Seller. I've been told he shows up with the same photo and listing from time to time, but have not been able to confirm if anyone has actually been scammed.

Always good to get the serial numbers and verify with K Support, they might he give you the current status and general location (State or Country), but privacy concerns limit what you can get from Support.

Jim

I reported to eBay the last time they were on sale. I never heard anything back and remember the auction completed with a winning bid.

Probably will be same result this time, eBay is not that aggressive at preventing fraud, contrary to their marketing statements. Just want to provide the illusion that they care, have to keep buyer's coming back. To be fair, most transactions complete as promised, but fraud does still occur. It's really up to individual buyers to be very careful in purchasing on any of these sites.

Jim

I actually bid on this, then found this thread. I reported it immediately after, but eBay kept my bid active.
I later got an email that it was sold to someone who outbid me.

I should also note that my initial thoughts were that it was way too good to be true, but I figured if I paid with PayPal I would get my money back, should the listing be fake.

I should also note that my initial thoughts were that it was way too good to be true, but I figured if I paid with PayPal I would get my money back, should the listing be fake.

You can think that, but use a credit card anyway. Although even PayPal might have to pony-up for lack of anything shipping.

Yeah, you're probably right :)

Either way, I didn't win the auction, so I'm not stuck in a bad situation, yet anyway :)

I actually bid on this, then found this thread. I reported it immediately after, but eBay kept my bid active.
I later got an email that it was sold to someone who outbid me.

Take it from me, PayPal won't help you if you get defrauded.

Last edited:
Back