• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Early release not available for Premiere owners

dthemenice

I have noticed several early release titles available in the store in 4k format but not being released in Blue Ray. If you want to keep me off of Vudu and other stores, Kaleidescape needs to make these available to Premiere Owners along with 4k owners. One of the advantages of Kaleidescape in the past had been early release. Taking this away from a significant portion of your base because they value physical media over digital rights in many of their purchases is anti customer.

It's not that Kaleidescape is holding back the HD version, some studios are not providing it with the HDR early release. Assuming their contract with the studios allowed it, I guess K could hold back new HDR early releases until all versions were available......but then HDR capable clients would be posting that K doesn't release on time......

Jim

Just to expand a bit on what Jim posted -- we release the HD versions absolutely as soon as we have them available. We do not artificially delay any version or play favorites with formats.

Movie studios have moved towards releasing electronic-sale versions of movies before physical media. This is why many of our downloads -- especially 4K -- are available weeks in advance of the physical disc.

But, in order to deliver the unique HD versions we offer, which include the full lossless audio tracks, special features, etc., we are using a unique process to source the content. The source materials are available to us on a schedule that is more closely aligned with the disc releases than with some of the electronic-sale releases, and this difference is reflected in the release dates for the HD versions of those movies on our store.

As Jim said, we could artificially delay the 4K releases so that 4K and HD would release at the same time. Or, we could release HD versions as early as 4K, but with inferior audio options and less extensive (or no) extras. We have decided that the best course is to release each version as soon as it is available, at the best quality possible.

It's a kicker as while I have several 4k displays, I've no HDR displays, meaning I can't download UHD HDR content ;(

Back