• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

DWA DreamWorks to end distribution agreement with Disney, in talks with Universal - Hollywood Reporter

Yetis

DWA DreamWorks to end distribution agreement with Disney, in talks with Universal - Hollywood Reporter

The article reports that part DreamWorks will end its distribution deal with Disney after the release of next summer's 'The BFG.'
Cites people familiar with the matter as saying Steven Spielberg’s is negotiating for DreamWorks, with a likely future home of Universal.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/steven-spielbergs-dreamworks-split-disney-819594

Last edited:
Yay!! I wonder though if the catalog of titles stays with Disney or if those come with, how long Disney has distribution rights to them.

Good find!

It would certainly be nice if the full catalog went with the move, I guess we'll have to wait and see. DW has a lot of great titles.

Jim

I am even more glad now than before that I didn't sign the Disney thing. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Would such a move release those films from the SRA, or would they forever bare the mouse's taint?

I don't know if you meant to say "bear" the mouse's taint, or "bare" the mouse's taint, but that's some funny stuff right there. Double "taint" entendre included. Nice work, my friend. :)

CMCSA DreamWorks Studios distribution to move from Disney (DIS) to Universal - Variety ($59.67)

Sources familiar with the situation tell Variety that the move will be part of a deal to be announced this month that will see Participant Media put $200M of equity into DreamWorks.
People with knowledge of the matter tell Variety that Comcast will not put any money into DreamWorks.
Variety reports that next summer's The BFG will be the last DreamWorks movie that Disney handles, and that Steven Spielberg has been telling people that he thinks Disney has been more focused on its Marvel, Pixar, and Lucasfilm units than on DreamWorks films.

This sounds like the existing catalog will still be managed by Disney, and that after The BFG, new movies will be managed by Universal. Is that your take on it? I don't really have a grasp on how these things are handled normally, or what the above phrasing means for us as people who would like to see Disney relinquish all rights for Dreamworks content, insofar as Kaleidescape is concerned.

Back