• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

DV700 has a sad.

dnanian

My DV700 mis-ejected some discs today - tried to eject, which must have bumped the slot (or something). I removed the faceplate to try to help, which allowed the eject, but then had to re-verify all the discs because it was confused about what slots were free.

During that process, I got an Error 107, which requested an OK. After doing that...error 106. (Repeating, even after power cycling.)

Seems, based on the sound, that the blu-ray drive in there is unhappy. The carousel is making rotation noises, and I can hear what sounds like the loader mechanism doing stuff, but then it gets to the drive and it makes a weird, gear-skipping noise.

Of course, it's Saturday and Kaleidescape is closed. I left a message...but I'm hoping there's an easy fix. Any ideas?

I would wait until tech support calls back, unless you want to physically open your DV700. That would void your warranty, so best bet is to wait for tech support to call you back.

I have left messages on a weekend with tech support before and they called me back on that same weekend.

Good luck.

Agree with Mike, wait for Support. I have a client that had the same issue a couple years back, IIRC, we had him open the DV700 to check for a jam, or other obvious issue, but eventually had to do an in-warranty advanced replacement.

Some of these problems are easy to fix in the field (open case to remove jam, power cycle several times, etc.), but occasionally a unit needs to go back to K for repair or replacement.

Although Support is officially closed on weekends, on occasion you might get a response to your issue if a K Tech is aware of your problem and has time to respond.

Jim

Thanks, guys. Yeah, I wasn't going to open it without the specific go-ahead from Kaleidescape, but wasn't sure if there was some magic key combo or URL that might kick it -- electrically, of course.

t've powered the DV700 off and taken it out of the rack, since whatever happens that's going to be necessary, and I figure I should be ready.

Unfortunate timing, since I've been loading the remainder of my collection after the migration to 6TB drives, and this put a halt to that (and took a bunch of Blu-Rays offline)...and my M700 is full (and acting as the world's most expensive disc case :)).

Here's hoping K gets back to me soon!

You should hear back by tomorrow.

Jim

In case anyone was interested, once K got back to me and provided me with instructions to open the DV700, it was clear that something was wrong with the Blu-Ray drive: it couldn't eject the disc.

Just when things looked pretty hopeless (and it was checking every empty slot every time it failed, which took something like 45 minutes), I caught it when it was trying to eject and held the rollers open with my finger. That allowed the disc to eject.

Or should I say, discs. Somehow, it had loaded two discs - a Blu-Ray and a DVD - into the drive during a reinventory attempt, and that was the cause of the problem.

It mangled the DVD pretty well, but the Blu-Ray looks OK (and was already imported). So, as far as I can tell, no significant harm done.

I was curious what the resolution was going to be. Glad it worked out. Was K support helpful? Seems like they have been really good anytime someone has needed them.

Glad that's resolved.

K Support is still, IMO, the very best in the industry, just a group of dedicated caring individuals.

Jim

I've always found K support to be helpful, and they were in this case as well. However, the solution in this case was of my own invention - K had suggested sending the unit in, and couldn't return any discs that might be 'stuck' in the drive, so I was trying to figure out what the missing disc was when I determined it was more than one, and thought that, perhaps, the problem was that the rollers were only expecting a "single-width" disc. Holding the rollers apart was the only thing I could think of, since K didn't suggest unmounting the blu-ray drive.

Still kind of crazy that it loaded two discs. Hopefully it won't happen again.

If you still have it apart it would be wise to clean the rollers that both accept discs into the unit and load the discs into the player. They should be very white with a slightly tacky feel. Get some lint free pads and some alcohol and clean them up. Dirty pads were the reason I had a similar problem last year.

Just pull about enough discs out of the unit so that you can easily clean them.

If you still have it apart it would be wise to clean the rollers that both accept discs into the unit and load the discs into the player. They should be very white with a slightly tacky feel. Get some lint free pads and some alcohol and clean them up. Dirty pads were the reason I had a similar problem last year.

Just pull about enough discs out of the unit so that you can easily clean them.

Back