• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

DV700 Continually Jammed

Jimmy73

I have a DV700 with approximately 75 Blu Ray Discs and maybe 120 DVDs in it (just imported them and left them there for ease). I recently put in about 50 DVDs that weren't on my system. After importing about 20 of them, the DV700 is reporting "Error 100: Internal Drive Jammed. Press OK to restart".

I pressed OK, heard it rumble and shake for a bit. Then the same thing happened. I pressed OK again. And then the unit said 'XXX discs need verification, XX discs to import'. After a little while I went back downstairs and it was reporting "Error 100: Internal Drive Jammed. Press OK to restart" again.

Now I've pressed OK to restart about 15 times, and no luck.

What should I do?

It sounds like there is/are discs jammed inside the unit. You should contact your dealer or Kaleidescape support. They should be able to provide you with a document that describes the process to remove the cover and manually remove the discs. It is also a good idea to clean the rollers while the unit is open. It is important to get the OK from Kaleidescape support to do this as otherwise it could void your warranty if opened without authorization.

I hope this is of some help.

Wayne

It's probably the rollers, don't neglect to clean them when opened.

Our show room unit literally sat for two years and displayed jam when loading some new discs. I cleared the jam and didn't even think about the rollers since I figured use is what would cause them to get dirty. Got it all back together and jammed again after about 4 discs.

Took it all back apartment again, cleaned rollers, been working fine since. They were filthy, so I'm assuming use might actually help them stay clean.

Kevin D.

Back