• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

DV and M700 unloading discs

Hi everybody,

I have one issue with both of the above mentioned components. For some older discs, that have been in the vaults for a fairly long time the vaults tell me, that they need to be ejected. Its not a lot of discs, but 5-6 per Vault over the last two years. The problem is, that I can not get the discs in the vault, even if I clean them thoroughly. The vaults tell me right away, that the need to be ejected. Any solution for this problem?

Kind regards

Dirk

Did you try checking in a general player, or better still a computer, to verify they still have readable content?

This usually results from the periodic inventories conducted to insure the discs are still in the Vault. Unfortunately, this happens to most of us over time. There could be many reasons, but my understanding is that most are related to the codes on the discs no longer matching the registered versions in the database, perhaps because a different pressing of the discs, etc. (that's my description, not sure what the official description is for these discs). Could also be a problem reading the discs due to aging of the discs, or problems developing in the optical drive. I think you can send the discs to K, but check with support before sending to verify if that option still exists.

Jim

Discs get automatically queued for ejection for the following reasons:

* You deleted the content from the system's library;
* The disc could not be read when it was inserted into the optical drive for periodic validation; or,
* The disc is populating a slot that was expected to be empty.

From your description, it sounds like you are encountering the second issue. As others have indicated, this could be signs that the optical drive in your vaults are experiencing issues or it could be that the discs themselves are deteriorating.

Have you verified that your vaults' optical drives can read and identify other discs without issue? Try inserting a new disc into each of the vaults. This could help to eliminate the optical drives themselves as the point of failure.

You can also try inserting the discs that couldn't be read by the M700 into the DV700. If the same disc is rejected by both vaults, that would make it more likely that it is a disc deterioration problem.

For what it's worth, I just had a Blu-ray disc in my vault get queued for ejection. It is unreadable in any drive I've tried, so it seems that the disc itself deteriorated.

Yup, it happens, and when it does happen to a good movie I look to the Store!

Jim

Back