• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Downloading Ultra Violet movies

Alexan07

What are the best practices for making sure all of my UV movies are Downloaded to my Kscape before the service goes away? Besides linking up the services is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks!

What are the best practices for making sure all of my UV movies are Downloaded to my Kscape before the service goes away? Besides linking up the services is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks!

Here's what I do:

1. Navigate to the "My Movies" page (Manage->My Movies).
2. On the filter bar, activate the "Not downloaded to" drop down box and select the system you wish to check.

This applies a filter that will only show you titles that are not currently downloaded to the selected system. If you're dealing with a large number of titles even after applying the download filter, you can expand the filter bar and select the "UltraViolet" filter. This will narrow down the list to titles that are UV-enabled.

From there, you can hover your mouse pointer over the cover art images and examine the ownership snipe. The ones that read "You own in UltraViolet XX" are titles that are in your UV locker that you haven't downloaded.

I’m out of storage and have a couple of dozen movies that were imported via my uv locker that have not been downloaded yet. What will happen to these movies post uv shutdown, will they persist in the ‘mymovies’ section?
Additionally, what happens post shutdown to a uv linked movie that is deleted from my storage?

They don't have to be downloaded to your system. As long as they're in your "My Movies', you'll be fine. They'll be available to download in the future, even after K drops support for UV.

Just a reminder to all, Kaleidescape will leave UV at the end of this month (May). UV itself doesn't officially shut down until July. Do not confuse the two dates, you should have any UV enabled titles in your K Store account by the end of this month before K officially leaves UV. UV titles you redeem with UV after May are not likely to migrate to your K Store account.

Jim

Jim

Are there any cheap ways to add UV movies before the cut off date? Might be a good ways to supplement our collections.

billlygreen23 is exactly correct -- there's no need to rush to download UV titles to your system before May 31. What's important is to ensure that your Kaleidescape store account is linked to your UV account, and that your purchases from other UV retailers are showing up in "My Movies" as expected. Once the cutoff happens on May 31, the UV movies that were in your account at that moment will remain there permanently, to be downloaded whenever it suits you.

And to refine just a little what Jim wrote above: UV titles you redeem with UV after May will not migrate to your Kaleidescape store account. Also, purchases you make from the Kaleidescape store after May 31 will not be reflected in your UV account.

There's a customer email coming fairly soon that will spell this out, but that's the substance of it.

I would love to see a big end of UV sale at K, (25% off all UV movies) before the window closes on May 31. I would happily commit to purchasing a minimum of 200 UV titles from the K store.

Does anyone know what is going to happen to the digital offers, once the UV disconnect is complete?

Nothing will happen to those offers, digital offers are based on content you already own, either by disc, or downloaded from the K Store.

FROM K:

"Many content producers offer “disc to digital” discounts for upgrading catalogued or imported discs to downloaded versions. This has a number of advantages:

Once you upgrade your Blu-ray discs to a disc-free digital version, your system will no longer require the disc to be present in a player or Disc Vault.

Buy once, watch on all your Kaleidescape systems. Movies and TV shows can be easily downloaded on up to five Kaleidescape systems which are registered to the same customer. Digital offers may also include upgrade offers from past purchases on the Kaleidescape Movie Store."

So, UV going away will not impact your access to digital offers.

Jim

Very good... thank you for clearing that up Jim!

Looking into pulling the trigger on a new Stratos S unit and getting into the Kaleidscape world. I have movies in various accounts that I have redeemed when i’ve purchased the disks.....UV, VUDU, and Movies Anywhere. I’ll be looking forward to getting my account setup and starting the process. I saw a comment regarding a disc to digital conversion with Kaleidescape, is this accurate?

All of the major studios except for Disney offer “some” titles with D2D. I don’t think any of the smaller studios have it.

I would recommend you peruse the store and see if the titles you are interested in are available with this feature.

John

Looking into pulling the trigger on a new Stratos S unit and getting into the Kaleidscape world. I have movies in various accounts that I have redeemed when i’ve purchased the disks.....UV, VUDU, and Movies Anywhere. I’ll be looking forward to getting my account setup and starting the process. I saw a comment regarding a disc to digital conversion with Kaleidescape, is this accurate?

Just to add a note of caution here -- Kaleidescape will disconnect from UltraViolet on May 31. In order to download movies you've purchased from other services to your Kaleidescape system, you must have registered the system, which creates your Movie Store account, and linked the account with your UV account before May 31. After May 31, there will be no way to bring those UV rights to Kaleidescape.

Thank you, Mike. The unit is on it's way, taking a little while to get here, so hopefully i can get everything setup next weekend.

A little silver lining in the UV sunset from WB.

For those with more than 2 homes...

If you purchased a Warner movie in Vudu, when you went to download the UV at the K store, it would warn you YOU CAN ONLY DOWNLOAD THIS TITLE TO A LIMITED NUMBER OF SYSTEMS, 2. Right now those tiles have no such restriction. Adios UV!

Concur, all former UV movies in the store account appear as they were purchased from directly from the store (no UV marking anywhere). The standard limit of downloading to 5 systems applies.

Back