• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Download Store recommendations

JerryL

I have two recommendations:

1- An iOS/ Android App for the store.

2- Option to purchase new drives via the store.

On option 1; agreed + it would be nice to see an ordered list of what titles are on the end customer's server from that applet.

On option 2; wouldn't that compete with the dealer / partner program?

Cheers

I would like the Kstore website to be a bit more useful.

I also don't quite understand the "most watched worldwide" versus "all time favorites".

e.g. Right now on the genre - television for these two categories both show 100 titles.

A sort by name, cost, special, or other metadata information would be nice within the chosen content area.

I do realize that the search comes up with materials nicely; but the Collections or Genres need a tweak.

Cheers

There isn't much margin on the drives. They could sell drives via the web and just credit the dealer margin to the dealer of record and maybe everybody wins there...

Well its just a thought. Personally, this is easier than changing some of the lightbulbs in my home so that would irritate me. Why not charge for coming over to load discs into the vault while youre at it! GRRRR

My recommendations.

1 – Under "Account" and in "Your System" show the actual "Available Disk Space" on the customers server and break down how many downloads, Blu-rays and DVD’s the server can store.

2 – When a customer selects a download deduct it from the “Available Disk Space” so they will see in real time how much space a download will take on their Kaleidescape server.

3 – Show the estimated time of download below "Size" under "Additional Information" in the movies synopsis.

4 – Allow the client to schedule a download time. Some clients may want to schedule downloads purchased titles over night while they are sleeping or during certain hours when they may be at work, etc.

5 – Integrate the Kaleidescape Store within the Kaleidescape on screen UI. Allow purchases within the Kaleidescape system so the customer does not have to go to his/her computer, iPad, etc, open the web browser, enter the URL and log in.

The above is what comes to mind for now.

They could also modify the clients to be able or not able to buy titles, much like they allow or disallow imports from certain players.

On the collection page, they could have a tab for new releases and maybe coming soon that would allow pre-ordering titles, possibly allowing them to be downloaded and playable once the set street date hits. It would be nicer for people who want to have a midnight showing or be able to watch a title on the street date if they have a slow connection - something more important as we move to larger BluRay sized files.

Storing trailers for upcoming releases would be a nice option as well.

I would like a category of "Recently Added" so I can tell what is new at a glance.

John

My recommendations.
1 – Under "Account" and in "Your System" show the actual "Available Disk Space" on the customers server and break down how many downloads, Blu-rays and DVD’s the server can store.

Not quite what you are asking for but if you go to the Downloads page the available space on each system you have registered is listed there. It is, however, currently only expressed in terms of number of SD Downloads.

Rule of thumb when viewing the available space numbers: Number of SD Downloads == Number of DVDs

2 – When a customer selects a download deduct it from the “Available Disk Space” so they will see in real time how much space a download will take on their Kaleidescape server.

Also not quite what you are asking for but the number of SD Downloads you have room for updates on the Downloads page for a system when each queued download actually starts downloading however a browser page refresh is required in order to see this.

Last edited:
Back