• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

"download requires a movie guide update" warning

TrackZ

I keep seeing this in my download page:

"This download requires a movie guide update from Kaleidescape. Once the movie guide is updated, the download will resume automatically."

It pops up for each new movie being downloaded. Is there something I need to do to systematically resolve it?

No - just let it do it's thing. I only get it on occasional titles - certainly not everyone, but I'm sure @luke will pop in and give a more technical explanation of why it's doing it.

I keep seeing this in my download page:

"This download requires a movie guide update from Kaleidescape. Once the movie guide is updated, the download will resume automatically."

It pops up for each new movie being downloaded. Is there something I need to do to systematically resolve it?

That is normal behaviour even if your system has the latest version of the guide data. There are little bits of metadata (e.g. cover art) that are fetched "on-demand" when titles are added to your system (or queued for download). Usually, the update is fast enough that the message isn't displayed but there can be times when it takes a little longer.

Systems that are completely powered down when not in use (via remote power strips or similar) will see the message more frequently since their guide data will almost always be out of date.

I believe your new Strato was purchased used, correct? If it was not being actively used by the previous owner, it may have older guide data and may not have had a chance to fully update the guide data yet. Be sure to leave it connected to the network and to power (and check in the system settings to make sure it's not set to go into low-power standby).

Back