• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

OFF-TOPIC Dolby Atmos ( Wife's Approval!)

1highvelocity

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
OK guys I think I've found a way to get your wife's approval!
on the new Dolby Atmos gear you need to get.
I've been in the A/V world for about 25 years I've been married for about 19 of them.
I've only gotten my wife to agree with me twice about Audio/Video stuff.
Once was when DVD's came and HDTV came out.
That being said I wanted to get her opinion on Dolby Atmos.
Just recently the AMC Movie Theaters just started upgrading their large theaters to Dolby Atmos and 4K Dolby vision Projectors and I have to say the experience was pretty dam surprising!
I said for once the theater experience almost came close to one of my systems:)
Now normally when you take a lady to the movies and ask how did that look and sound??
Then they say it sounds the same to me and I didn't see a difference in the picture
Then you know what our response is?
Were like you've got to be kidding me! and they say NOPE!
Well I've got the answer for you!
The new AMC Dolby Theaters is where you need to take them.
I have to say their Dolby Atmos and 4K Dolby vision demo at the beginning of the movie is a pretty good demo!
I can say she actually said WOW! I can see and hear a difference!
Theaters are going to have to reinvent themselves to make people want to go back to the theater experience and this is one of the ways they're doing it.
So if your looking to do any upgrades or have any customers you want to give a demo to take them to the movies.
That's what I do for my clients that are doing dedicated Theaters.
I would take them to a regular theater for the regular experience. and when it was over I would say "I'll give you a money back guarantee that my theater will blow that away!"
Now granted I've only done that about 15 times but knock on wood.
I haven't had to give a refund yet
I have to say this is defiantly a step in the right direction for the movie industry to promote The Dolby Atmos and 4K Dolby vision experience.
Here's there page.
https://www.amctheatres.com/dolby

Nice way to solve the problem for the wimps among us, but it's easier to just be a man, assert yourself, remind them how lucky they are to have you, and when then doesn't work, just tell them "that's the way it's going to be." Start the project, ignore their questions and push-back, and build YOUR theater the way you want it.....then put a lock on the door!

Phil :D

Last edited:
I think we all are, most of us find trade-offs to keep them happy. (When I mentioned changing out my projector and adding additional speakers for proper Atmos coverage, she said fine, but requested I order her a "Blue" Ferrari.)

Jim

OFF-TOPIC Dolby Atmos ( Wife's Approval!)

Wow!
That was pretty slick of you to get her this Blue Ferrari Model car :)
And a lot cheaper to :)
Jim you da man:D

Attachments

• california_t_blue_06.jpg
    california_t_blue_06.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 39
Nice pic! (Much more reasonable!)

Ha! Actually, she wants me to change my 488 order from Red (Rosso Corsa) to that new Blue (Blu Corsa) they released with the 488. I've still got a few months to decide, my allocation is coming up soon. Currently have a 458 (2014), and frankly I cannot give it up being an NA engine. I was impressed with what the 488 can do (just finished a track course with Ferrari at the Circuit of the Americas in Austin, TX, worked with the 488 and F12), incredible handling at some kill you quick speeds, but still trying to decide if I'm satisfied with the turbo engine. Not questioning the power, plenty of that at a stock 660+ HP, but I'm partial to the F1 sound at high revs from the NA 458. Not saying the 488 doesn't sound good, because it does, but not able to give me what I get from the 458 at 9000rpm, I'm a sound guy, hard to give that up!

No, she's not getting a Blue Ferrari.:D

Jim

OFF-TOPIC Dolby Atmos ( Wife's Approval!)

Funny you say that me and my friend were just talking about the NA engines.
He has a 458 Especial and he said the same thing he loves that sound!
So he said he was going to keep his Especial and just get the 488 hard top spider.
He had a the hard top on order but then changed it to the spider so now he has to wait a little longer for it.
But I say its well worth the wait!
That is still one bad ass car!

Attachments

• IMG_0374.jpg
    IMG_0374.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 29
Very nice! The Speciale will only go up in value in the long term, IMO. Both my 458 and ordered 488 are Spiders (hard top conv.). At COTA we only drove the 488 GTB's. Yes, the Spider's wait time is in the 20 - 24 month range, versus 18 or so for the GTB, assuming you can even get an allocation (which he can do based on his dealer relationship). I should have the 488 Spider later this year, expecting build end of Summer.

One of the guys driving with us at COTA has 38+ Ferrari's (including a LaFerrari), and has a couple of new ones on order. Lives in CA, was on Leno's Garage awhile back. Very nice guy, incredible collection.

Jim

I prefer the Germans over the Italians. Given my name is Fritz have 3 Germans in the stall. My modified S63 AMG will give the Italians a run for the money 650 hp. Like it better than my 997. More fun to drive. Especially with DVD in motion!

EvoSport did the tuning on her. Have gone thru 1 engine and a transmission already. 150k. Opps. She runs to hot in Texas down here. I'm 9- miles from Cota and have a few buddy's who get me into the pits for the week. Let me know next time your down and I will meet you guys.

Nothing sounds like a normally aspirated Ferrari!

That being said, it cannot be your daily driver. The germans win that without question!

Attachments

• porsche-normal.jpg
    porsche-normal.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 24
Nothing sounds like a normally aspirated Ferrari!

That being said, it cannot be your daily driver. The germans win that without question!
A few years ago that was true. Back in the days of the 355, a Carrera was alot better as a daily driver. Not anymore. The 458 and 599 and everything since then have been great for daily drivers.

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

Agree, I drive my 458 almost everyday. Even took it on a 2300 mile (roundtrip) road trip to Notre Dame last season! Fun to drive....

Frtiz, that's a nice collection as well....but I've heard that about the heat out there from other friends, tough on cars at certain times of the year. Nothing wrong with Porsche...been there as well!!

Jim

I had a 993 years ago. Last of the air cooled. Sold it a little early, as now that baby would have been worth well over 100k. Had Jerry Seinfeld looking at it as he is known to be a collector of the air cooled Porsches. Was rare color and had been on TV a couple of times-Texas Walker Ranger show used it as I knew the producer.

I like the Germans too :)
I have a 2003 SL55 AMG it's 648 HP. 640 TQ. and 720 HP with squeeze :)
This thing sounds like a beast!
You can't beat a NA motor:)

Attachments

• iPodImageF8F.jpg
    iPodImageF8F.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 18
  • iPodImageFDA.jpg
    iPodImageFDA.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 15
  • iPodImageFE3.jpg
    iPodImageFE3.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 15
I had a 993 years ago. Last of the air cooled. Sold it a little early, as now that baby would have been worth well over 100k. Had Jerry Seinfeld looking at it as he is known to be a collector of the air cooled Porsches. Was rare color and had been on TV a couple of times-Texas Walker Ranger show used it as I knew the producer.

Yes, absolutely, that was a keeper!

Jim

I like the Germans too :)
I have a 2003 SL55 AMG it's 648 HP. 640 TQ. and 720 HP with squeeze :)
This thing sounds like a beast!
You can't beat a NA motor:)

Yup, that NA sound is a big part of my enjoyment with the 458.

Jim

Back