• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Displaying non-catalogued movies only in the KScape app

sumitc

I catalogued several movies and they now show alongside the ones that I have purchased in the iPad app. What I would like to get by default is the list that gets displayed on the Kaleidescape website under Manage/My Movies. Is there a way to filter out the catalogued movies that I have not purchased? I could create a Collection with the movies that I have purchased, but it seems like I would have to keep adding new movies that I purchase to this collection.

I deleted a handful of catalogued movies and interestingly all the catalogued, but not purchased, movies disappeared from the "All Movies" list on the iPad. Not sure if this is a bug, but either way, this approach is good. I am just going to delete all the catalogued movies. Like you said, the digital offers still show up for the catalogued movies I deleted. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thx!

I deleted a handful of catalogued movies and interestingly all the catalogued, but not purchased, movies disappeared from the "All Movies" list on the iPad. Not sure if this is a bug, but either way, this approach is good. I am just going to delete all the catalogued movies. Like you said, the digital offers still show up for the catalogued movies I deleted. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thx!
Yup, Kaleidescape keeps track of your cataloged movies on their servers. As long as they have the licensing deal active, they will keep those movies in your digital offers. I had cataloged titles that didn’t exist on the store and they magically showed up in my digital offers later when K started carrying them. I suggest cataloging everything you got, including the titles not on the store, you will get the nice D2D discount as they become available.

This is indeed a great feature! There might be a bug though as deleting on a handful of catalogued titles resulted in all catalogued titles disappearing from the iPad. The good part is that this is exactly what I wanted. In any case, I will follow your advice and just delete titles that I don't purchase right away. Thx again!

The list yes, but on the movie wall it would show dvd’s that you cataloged but had not purchased. It you cataloged a bluray it would not show on the movie wall until you purchased it.

Back