• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

disney website states Star Wars digital films will be available on Kaleidescape

https://youtu.be/HNx9j6sWUtM"> https://youtu.be/HNx9j6sWUtM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

Whoah! Sweet.

Can you relink the YouTube video above please if it has some news. The post link didn't render.

Wow. Something is brewing. Hope the details come soon.

And they really just need to support linked DMA accounts above all else I hope.

Who's first to press the "buy collection" button?!!

That movie collection isn't great actually. It says at the bottom:

"Kaleidescape Movie Collections are provided as Region A Blu-ray Discs."

So, it's not a precursor to Disney being in the digital store.

Wait what's wrong with the collection? Isn't bluray that k provides in the store the highest quality possible?

Edit: never mind. But still, this means new stuff is coming to the store soon- just in time for my m500! ��

http://youtu.be/DhlPAj38rHc

I thought K always has a Disney collection that you could purchase and they would send you the discs. Am I wrong on this?

John

I believe that collection "are not the droids were looking for..".
That is just something new owners can buy to have loaded in their system.

One way or another, there appears to be an agreement or discussion going on between Disney and K, which is monumental, given Disneys historically rigid view on its content.

Correct. The collection is for Physical Blurays shipped out as a collection. Not a collection on the Kscape download Store.

Also interesting is that Disney does not have the rights to New Hope which is still with Fox. It is the only digital download with the original Fox logo and music score.
http://www.disneystudioshelp.com/mobile/detail_STARWARSIV__SUPPORT.html

I also believe Fox still has the Blu-Ray distribution. So to get a Star Wars in Blu-Ray Quality Download will take both Fox and Disney. Just my thought.

A great sign that Disney is close to being on the Kscape Store.

I would think there would be a "mouse in the house" very soon. My guess is days not weeks

If Disney has them listed on their website,my guess is that it is a "done deal" someone just slipped up on the release date, That is why I speculate it is imminent.

There are only 3 major studios left. Disney is always last to bend. If Disney happens I expect the others to be added as well. Hello Paramount and Fox...let's hope:)

Back