• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Disney/Pixar and 4K

can you say mch pcm strato decoding? It will work like on sacd neural upmixing.

I might just set the strato on codec decoding mode and forget it.:D

Case in point: Deep State and NWO- Dolby Leads the way.:D

I will film and YOUTUBE my INJUNCTION to Andrew Poulain Tomorrow at cinemacon no less, to cease and desist. Global Director of Dolby Cinema Products who sent me a friend request 2 days ago after i exposed egocentric rendering being way superior than allocentric rendering by 3-30 thousands of years of evolutionary conditioning.

I respect him very much but this class disparity in the performance between Dolby Cinema and Home Atmos is just ludicrous.

We are good , so there is the best solution which someone should tell disney , warner and Dolby about. I will be very vocal, unfortunately Cinemacon is a Cinema Show where Dolby Cinema is the Platinum Standard.

I'll do you one better, i will try it in the strato.:D hang on!;)

Going to play my beatles script. My neigbors sleeping on the other side of the wall, hope compression works, that is another issue entirely for my vertical condo market (no pun).

no dynamic range management, and the kaleidescape superiority over every uhd bd, the margin appears to narrow too much.

Looks like again the powers that be running mass consumption are impinging on ou rights.

Kaleidescape please get more dts-x titles.;)

Thought that might be the case - so basically it loses all its 'goodness'.

Wonder where this type of decision leaves the AVR industry - or Dolby for that matter - previous advertising surrounded the ability to expand systems way beyond the restricted releases we are seeing from Disney/Warner (will it only be a matter of time before other studios jump on the bandwagon?). Thankfully not a problem for me, at the moment, as my space dictates a maximum 7.2.4 - but what concerns me more is the reports that these tracks are not only 'crippled' to limited channels, but also come with reduced Dynamic Range. Why, why, why ?????

or could be a building over at disney called the planned multiple re-dipping bureau, that looks at every angle of an impending release and figure out how to leave features out for future format releases.

Wow... so basically when I do get my dream theater room with an 18 foot wide screen and 15 comfortable seats clustered in the middle, and 32 speaker channels they are now neutering everything so I won’t be able to take advantage of it??!?

Thanks Obama.

There is one more hope obiwan, in the meantime wouldn't it be nice if K hedges its bets against dolby going to atmos 3.1 by whenever possibly releasing in Neural-X.

For movie that have full atmos, even if released at atmos light that could be a future pay in upgrade option too. we need to be vigilant and create lists of the offending titles.

In the meantime folks pick up some of these.
DZd0wqrWAAAB5eX.jpg

There is one more hope obiwan, in the meantime wouldn't it be nice if K hedges its bets against dolby going to atmos 3.1 by whenever possibly releasing in Neural-X.

For movie that have full atmos, even if released at atmos light that could be a future pay in upgrade option too. we need to be vigilant and create lists of the offending titles.

K can't release anything in Neural:X format - because it isn't a codec, it's an upmixer :confused:

If K releases in dts-x then with neural-X engaged the rest of the channels will populate..)

Not so with dolby surround as it is allocentric rendered NOT a Bubble ( how we humans lie it since upper paleo) and Neural-X has width channels to help shape the bubble. Dolby Surround does not. ;)

See - now that makes sense. So you didn't mean Neural:X, you meant DTS:X, or I presume DTS HD-MA which will have the same effect? ;)

In reality i would categorize as this
full home atmos play in atmos
atmos lite play in neural x if possible
dts-x gets re rendered to neural-X
everything else played at neural-x

I mean neural-X whenever except full home atmos. It so Rules....

Peter,

When you mentioned Neural X using more than 11 speakers, is that a separate codec from Trinnov? Is that something available for everyone?

Back