• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Disney/Pixar and 4K

If it is, and that is something I am diligently working on is because the head of Home Cinema and Car audio and DTS just flipped with Solfar, and considers that pursuing the high end may help reverse the trend where dolby dominates. He said yes the first time, he asked me for that diagram just yesterday, things are moving but It is not formally commenced with Trinnov and DTS legal department. I am very bullish on it though, we ordered 200,000 worth of speakers built different models for each of the 5 Layers.
attachment.php

attachment.php

DbWLVM2WkAEEJU9.jpg

DbWLdCLXcAI7Gfm.jpg

DbUfSIkW4AAO-Pj.jpg

DbUfXP_WkAEVNmh.jpg

DbUfbsfW4AAOglQ.jpg

Quested where every Hans Zimmer score has been created, is the co-designer, DTS has a rich surround music heritage, it turns out that this is a very strong built in superiority over Dolby, which just tries to shoehorn a movie theater in a living room with disastrous results, dts is more room friendly, besides my mothers womb shape is exactly how dts renders, I assure you my virtuosos pianist mothers womb was not shaped like an amc-8.

:D it is very ironic that 16 out of 18 infractions at avs forum where from myopists in the altitude thread that despised my free speech on the future of ht as I see it, they were the ones to voted me out of the forum with premeditation and treachery ( a s small subgroup of the secret Trinnov club - all clients of a T 3d consultant) the resentment got intense after i got the 2 best in show awards at cedia 15 and 16. but i turn the other cheek and will give them the biggest present in the history of immersive audio. My pleasure indeed. I hold no ill feeling to them.

BTW the owner of trinnov has the codec working already in his own home, providence was simply waiting for the due diligence and inspiring pep talk approach to DTS.:D Let's make DTS great again I say.:D

Last edited:
Before you comment on the candles, im considering giving Zimmer and Quested a nod with the composers remote controlled candles.:D

https://youtu.be/DYyzx4sf0lg?t=12

DbUfSIkW4AAO-Pj.jpg

Sorry for the huge pic above, I am going to be asking for a raise so I can become a sponsor and be able to edit. Sit Tight Jim.;)

The fact that Disney just released Hulk in UHD makes me hopeful that we will see releases of all the Marvel movies in UHD.

So A Bit jet lagged but will share what I know about disney atmos from the Director Of Dolby Cinema Products next week, also lobbied very hard to stop, perhaps successfully, the truehd to neural-X planned restriction from dolby home atmos programme.

DbpoVQEV0AA5V5P.jpg

Screw the 'jet-lag' a world traveller like you should be used to that by now - get down to brass tacks and give us the lowdown lol.

No it is their Global workflow that is semi automated, taking dialog channels in the range of 1-20 and selecting one to center, taking ten sides and mixing to surround, mixing 15 tops to 4, etc etc.
That way they can manage from dolby cinema master all the way down to dvd.

Warner is also doing this, that puts a lot of stress on the tops. Why I blew all four tops when the first title mixed like this came out, wonder woman.

Take the black panther scenes of car chase and final battle, set player to decode listen to it, you will notice pitch roll and yaw like not on the ATMOS LITE Virtual SPEAKER CAGE, also multi directional sound pans. In my bubble setup i could leave it like this knowing atmos titles would be rendered the best south of a jail-broken cinema cp-850. For which SOLFAR and my lab are going to be test beds. Thrilled.

When there is a will there is a way. Head of Dolby Cnema agreed enough to let me try it.

Back