• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Disney opt-in

stephen

I think I know the answer but thought it would run it by the board.

If I haven't opt-in on my kscape account / hardware and I purchased another Cinima One that had been opt-in with the previous owner could I still do DVD imports.

I'm wondering if it's tied to hardware or the actual account. I would assume the account.

On a side note I would love if kscape will get onboard with Disney Movies Anywhere. That would solve half my issue with this opt-in.

Just got this from Kscape.... Looks like they want me to opt-in..

Dear Kaleidescape Customer:

Kaleidescape has begun a month-long celebration of Disney movies. We are offering special reduced prices when you download Disney movies to your Kaleidescape system from our online Movie Store.

The Movie Store offers hundreds of great Disney movies, which feature beautiful Blu-ray quality HD video, and lossless audio soundtracks. These include timeless Disney classics like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, children’s favorites like Finding Dory, and action blockbusters like Captain America: Civil War. Most titles include Kaleidescape’s bookmarks for scenes and songs, and many come with special features as well.

If you wish to purchase and download Disney movies from the Movie Store, you must first agree to an amendment to your Service and License Agreement. Agreeing to this amendment means that all your existing imported Disney discs will remain playable, exactly as they are today, but you will not be able to import additional Disney DVDs or Blu-ray discs in the future. You will continue to be able to import non-Disney discs. You can read the amendment here.

You will be asked to agree to the amendment the first time you purchase a Disney movie from the Kaleidescape Movie Store. You are under no obligation to accept the amendment, but I think you will find our Movie Store to be the most convenient way to add Disney content to your Kaleidescape system.

We hope you will enjoy purchasing and watching Disney titles from the Movie Store. There has never been a better time to opt in for Disney downloads!

Best Regards,

Cheena Srinivasan

Founder & CEO
Kaleidescape, Inc.

I would if they had every single Disney movie and tv series. But they don't. And its mostly kids shows they are lacking, so.... I'll keep buying disks!

Without Disney Movies Anywhere, I'm not interested.

Agreed - too many kids type movies to not be able to view on an iPad etc for trips etc.

I have no idea why Disney won't do it. You buy the disc - you get a digital copy. And the disc usually costs less...

I would buy so many more Disney movies through K-scape if Disney movies came with a digital copy. Simply add the Disney Anywhere code for an iTunes copy like the discs do - even just email it to the purchaser with the purchase receipt.

Until that type of thing happens - will not opt in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, Disney Anywhere should include Kscape or maybe they should change the name.... SJ

I just don't get it- I literally cannot opt-in because I kno there will be some Disney tv series or show that will not be available that my kids will want, and then the disk vault will have to run every time they want to watch it. Yes, I know that is the ultimate first-world problem- but I would buy every single new Disney release going forward and rebuy all my current Disney movies off the store if I knew I was not closing the door on being able to import "Sophia the first princess fairy adventures six season 4" or whatever my daughter will want to watch next.

You guys are not alone, I've heard the same thing from most of our clients regarding the lack of DMA. They will not opt-in without it. (K is aware, but not much they can at the moment.)

Jim

I'm still wondering if anyone knows the answer to my initial question....

My recollection from when it was first rolling out was that it is tied to the system-account. So, you can purify a tainted device by adding it to an existing system, and might even be okay if the device is your first as long as you don't affirm.

Opting In is tied to the account you setup with the Store (email).

Jim

It is also related to your system. I have both Encore and Premiere systems, both on the same account. The Encore system is opted in while the premiere system is not. I can still import content if desired. If/when the integration of the two systems arrives, I am not sure how I will proceed partly because of this issue.

Wayne

Last edited:
Yes, correct, I oversimplified it. It is more the system, and the email is used for the account that ID's the system....or something like that......:D

Jim

I think Kaleidescape would be nuts not to attempt this already so I bet it has already been requested. My question is why did Disney say no? They are already connecting the movies with iTunes, Amazon Video, VUDU, Google Play, Microsoft, FIOS by Verizon. Its not like they want to restrict it just to themselves.

Jim,
Why can't they do anything? And what have they done? You seem to know some things about this.

For example here in Canada - the new Beauty and the Beast is $32.99 in the store - which I would more than happily purchase if it simply came with a digital copy. Instead I have to buy the disc (which comes with a digital copy) from Amazon.ca - which costs $24.99.

Yes I would more than gladly pay a premium to buy from the store if I could at least get a digital copy as well. The convenience of simply downloading and then not having to mess with discs and vaults is more than worth it. But for Disney movies I have to have a digital copy for the kids iPads for trips etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim,
Why can't they do anything? And what have they done? You seem to know some things about this.

I assume you are referring to DMA. Nothing has changed since we confirmed that access to DMA was a Disney decision, and it will be Disney that makes that available, not K. K cannot do anymore on their end to get DMA.

Jim

I recommend contacting Disney and letting them know you want DMA on Kaleidescape.
contactus@disneymoviesanywherehelp.com or (855) 347-3722.

I sent a message and received the following.
"Thank you for your email. We are happy to answer your questions about Disney Movies Anywhere.

Once you connect your Disney Movies Anywhere account with one or more participating provider accounts (such as iTunes, Amazon Video, VUDU, Google Play, Microsoft Movies & TV, or Fios by Verizon) the eligible Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars titles in your libraries will be automatically added to your Disney Movies Anywhere Collection. Similarly, any movies in your Collection will automatically become available in all your connected participating provider's libraries. For example, a movie you obtain from a connected iTunes account will be available in your Disney Movies Anywhere Collection and in your connected Amazon Video, VUDU, Google Play, Microsoft Movies & TV, or Fios by Verizon account.

We look forward to adding additional provider options to Disney Movies Anywhere in the future, and we will share with the rest of our team that you would like to see Kaleidescape as a provider.

If there is anything else we can do to help, please reply to this email or contact us at (855) 347-3722 and a cast member will gladly assist you!

Thank you,

Kahtleen
Disney Movies Anywhere Support"

Also, the current Kscape Disney campaign offers remind me of the early days with Warner Bros download deals. Personally, I think it was to boost download statistics to get more studios involved. My hope is that the current Disney promotion is to show that Kscape clients are buying Disney movies and get DMA support.

I wish they would just put all the titles on sale for the month and be done with it. Don't they realize (at least in the US), that many folks are on vacation and will miss out on the deals.

I also just sent an email to Disney. There must be some studio executive that has this system! SJ

Back