• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Discs missing in vault

uwew

i put all my blurays (around 500) in the vaults and they were imported properly, but now i see a some of them greyed out in the list.

i reorganized the vaults, no success.

i took them all out and inserted them again, no error messages but it seems that there are more grey...

did anyone had a similar problem?

uwe

I've seen this a couple of times, and when it has happened to me (and one friend), removing the disc, deleting the movie (completely, including trash), and re-importing the movie, has fixed the issue. If that does not work, contact K Support for help.

(I know you tried removing the disc and reinstalling to the vault, but want to be sure you try the deletion/re-importing as well.)

Jim

thanks for the tip, i?ll try it.

but that means i have to eject all discs (500 was incorrect there are 1023 blurays) because the system doesn?t know that the disc is inside a vault..

or is there another trick?

uwe

How many vaults do you have?? Each Vault holds 320 discs. If you have 4 vaults (the only way you can store over 1000 discs), you can narrow down the Vault by looking at the movie in the movie list (GUI / Screen) to see which Vault is listed as holding the disc (by Serial #) then eject them all if you cannot get the screen to respond to an "Eject" command for that movie. The vault holding the disc should also show up on the "Import" Page.

If you cannot get the normal Eject command to work because the disc is not identified as being in the Vault, and rebooting and re-inventory doesn't help, then "Yes" you would have to "Eject All", and if the discs are not present, they may still be in the vault (assuming you are certain they are in the Vault), and you would probably need to open the case (with K Support consent, you do void the warranty).

Jim

I had a time when I had 1 or 2 BR greyed out and fixed it by restarting my server. If you haven't tried this it might be an easy fix.

John

i put all my blurays (around 500) in the vaults and they were imported properly, but now i see a some of them greyed out in the list.

i reorganized the vaults, no success.

i took them all out and inserted them again, no error messages but it seems that there are more grey...

did anyone had a similar problem?

uwe

By "reorganized" do you mean you forced a re-catalog of discs in all your vaults?

John

thanks for all the tips!
i restarted the servers no effect.
last time i did the reinventory of all 4 vaults - no effect.
i ejected all discs and put them in again - no effect.
today i checked all missing discs, found 44.
they are not listed in the vaults, but under movies they are.

i thought of deleting them and then do a reinventory of the vaults, it?s a lot easier than ejecting them all and find the 44...

or would it be better to inform K because of the high number of missing discs..

what do you think?

uwe

How many Vaults do you have? If more than one, is the missing disc issue found in multiple Vaults? (If so, then probably not a Vault issue.) Do you have the latest software version?

Normally one of the suggestions above fixes the problem, so at this point you should also consider contacting K Support for assistance.

Jim

Back