• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Disc Vault randomly ejecting Blu-Ray discs

Calm-One

I just happened to notice that my K Vault had the "discs awaiting ejection" message displayed on it this morning.

It promptly ejected "Finding Nemo", "Hook", and "The Simpsons Movie" blu-ray discs.

I waited a moment and reinserted these titles.

It once again rejected "The Simpsons Movie" blu-ray. Unrecognized disc was shown as it re-ejected.

These three titles have been in the vault for two years since I acquired it.

"The Simpsons Movie" still shows as valid in the Movie's tab but no eject option is present.

Was there a software update with a new feature that suddendly targets children movies? :)

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Any resolution?

Cheers

I suspect it is related to the periodic inventory validation routine. If a disc becomes unrecognized in the vault slot where it thinks a specific disc should be, then it gets ejected. Sometimes they aren't manufactured to quite the high standards that Fox likes to think, based on the little love-notes they stick in the boxes. Then again, considering the temperature range vaults hold to be acceptable (according to the components tab,) I wouldn't be that shocked if titles failed more often than in the wild.

Occasionally just slipping them back in, as you did, allows the vault a chance to try again. Sometimes it just needs to go in another vault with different tolerances. Depending on the temperature reading you may want to look into finding a way to improve cooling. But if the disk is reading unrecognized, you might want to try popping it in a computer, laptop, or at least a regular BD-player to check on whether the disk really has gone bad.

You say the Simpsons Movie is still listed in the movies tab, but I'm guessing no location is listed, the title is greyed out in the GUI, and is unable to play.

Yep.

The display and the web screen are showing that "This Simpsons Movie" is a "unknown disc".

What really turns this into an odd trip is that the PS4 and the Kscape M500 upstairs play/read it just fine.

The vault is downstairs, where cool, dry, and in a temperature controlled / ventilated cabinet are achieved throughout the year.

Plus the other two discs went back in and stayed.

Odd.

Back