• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Disc Vault Problem

Drhemi

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
I just received my M700 Disc Vault and can not for the life of me get it to connect to my computer or to the server. The server and the vault are on the same gigabit switch. I've checked the cables which are fine. The yellow light on the ethernet port of the M700 is lit and the green light flickers showing connection. I can ping the M700 from my router's software and it shows the M700 to be "alive". I can connect to the server just fine from my computer and it is set up and functioning properly.

However, I continue to get the error message "Unable to communicate with server. Vault IP address: 192. ...". I can't connect to the M700 by any means: http://my-kaleidescape.local or using IP address or by using serial number. I am confident enough in my networking skills to realize that should not be an issue.

I think it is a problem with this particular unit. It is a long weekend here, so my dealer will not be able to talk to K. until Tuesday. Has anyone any suggestions or experience they can share?

Thank you.

Wayne

I apologize in advance for the obviousness of this question, but have you recycled the IDV power (including unplugging from wall)? That sometimes helps.

I apologize in advance for the obviousness of this question, but have you recycled the IDV power (including unplugging from wall)? That sometimes helps.

Unfortunately, I have tried this many times, to no avail. I really think it is a defective unit in some regard, but am willing to try anything on my end to give it a try.

Thanks,

Wayne

I know this is going to sound like a crazy idea but can you try new network cables?

Also sometimes when I have a switch that is going bad, I will have some gear connected that works fine and other gear that doesn't. If you don't have a replacement switch at home to try, try changing the port your M700 connects to.

Since we are talking crazy.........what is you KEAOS software version??

Peter

Not a crazy question at all. If you aren't running KEAOS 4.2.0, the M700 vault will not work.

I think you (and the following commenters) may have solved it! My system software is: 4.1.2-9621 which just updated on July 26 (before the M700). How do I get the updated software? Normally it updates itself, but obviously I want to get this woking ASAP.

I think this is it as I have already gone through 2 switches and 3 network cables. All cables work with the server, but none with the M700.

Many thanks to all on this forum. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Wayne:)

You just need to restart the server. It will not reboot while being used so you have to force it to reboot or it will wait until it is inactive for a certain amount of time first.

I had to force reboot my server as well.

You just need to restart the server. It will not reboot while being used so you have to force it to reboot or it will wait until it is inactive for a certain amount of time first.

I had to force reboot my server as well.

I have restarted twice now with no change in system software. The last time was only a few minutes ago. I'll wait a bit to see what happens. I have also emailed Kaleidescape support to see if they can push it out to me. The system is idle as the M700 is the only player right now and it is not yet functional so I cannot import or play anything.

Thanks!

Wayne

Success!

My system has now updated to 4.2.0-9873 and the vault is there and accessible via the user and installer interfaces.

Thank you to all on this forum for your help. I really thought it was something more serious and am so relieved it is not. Now to get to work loading it up.

Wayne:)

That's great. Enjoy!:)

Jim

Thats wonderful. In the future if you ever need to get a software update and it hasn't happened, you can always contact support at K and request they prioritize your download.

Back