• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Disc to digital upgrade

Pio435

I'm wondering, how the "disc to digital upgrade" is working:

Will the imported bluray movie be overwritten in case of this upgrade or does it just add a license to the movie and leaves the imported disc-content untouched?

It gives you the rights to download the movie from the store. Once downloaded you will have two copies. You can then delete the Blu-ray version and eject the disc.

A faster option is to just catalog the disc, then purchase and download the d2d version.

Kevin D.

unfortunately not what I expected. I was hoping that with d2d-update I get the possibility to keep the contentof the copied disc on the server and just be able to eject the disc afterwards. This way I could keep the german-content (soundtrack and subtitles) of the discs, and free up the discvault for new movies. With this possible, I could add more storage to the U1-server or even add I second U1-Server ...

But after this is not possible I would have to buy a second, third, etc. discvault ... all this just because there will probably never be a moviestore in europe providing german soundtracks and subtitles :-(

Back