• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Disc to Digital Offers -D2D

AllThingsTech

Hi all, I'm a new member and I want to know if there is an existing thread detailing what Disc to Digital offers other people have received.
I'm trying to decide what Blu-rays I might buy/look for that would offer me a good D2D offer/discount.
If there is a thread detailing this, please direct me to it, I couldn't find it.
Thanks!

There is no singe thread that can answer your question, but there are several that discuss D2D in general, and do comment on various titles as well, but they will not be able to answer your question with any certainty. This is because offers can and do change, and are based on what you catalog from YOUR disc collection. You are better off cataloging your disc content and then checking your Store account in the Digital Offers section to determine the offers available to you.

Jim

There is no singe thread that can answer your question, but there are several that discuss D2D in general, and do comment on various titles as well, but they will not be able to answer your question with any certainty. This is because offers can and do change, and are based on what you catalog from YOUR disc collection. You are better off cataloging your disc content and then checking your Store account in the Digital Offers section to determine the offers available to you.

Jim
Hey Jim, thanks for reply. I’ve looked around the forum and saw several posts but I wanted to know if there was a running thread that I could look at for a point of reference.
I understand the pricing can change but I was hoping with how active the forum is I’d see some recent posts that likely would be current on pricing of D2D offers to get some estimation.
I’ve already cataloged my entire collection of Blu-ray and DVD, which is why I’m curious about ones I don’t have to see what’s a good buy. For instance I have an offer for Batman V. Superman , a movie that is $39.99 in the K-store but my offer is $4.92, which is great !
So in the example of Batman V. Superman, if I didn’t own the Blu-ray already and needed to buy it , it is currently $12 on Amazon, I would be saving about $20.
So if I were to find out if more people have gotten similar offers on more expense titles, buying an affordable ($5-$12) blu-ray would still yield a good enough savings to justify looking for those Blu-ray’s to buy and catalog.
Does that make sense ?

You need to also include K sales in your equation or you will make some bad decisions.

John

You need to also include K sales in your equation or you will make some bad decisions.

John
Hi John,
Yes of course I’ll wait for sales on most occasions but there will likely be some times when I’ll want to buy something sooner than later, so I don’t know that I’ll always wait for a sale so I’m just looking for good deals in general for D2D.
I currently have a lot of digital offers at the moment , since I cataloged a bit over 300 of my Blu-ray and DVD’s but I was just curious as I stated in my initial post if there was an existing thread logging what D2D offers other people have seen as of recent so I can have a reference for movies I don’t already own.

@MiaG, all understood, did not know you'd already cataloged your collection. Members do comment on movies in several threads, but as you learned, there is no dedicated thread that will answer your question ("I want to know if there is an existing thread detailing what Disc to Digital offers other people have received"), probably because the question is broad in scope.

You can start one yourself, and if it gets enough activity we can "stick" the thread for future reference.

Jim

@MiaG, all understood, did not know you'd already cataloged your collection. Members do comment on movies in several threads, but as you learned, there is no dedicated thread that will answer your question ("I want to know if there is an existing thread detailing what Disc to Digital offers other people have received"), probably because the question is broad in scope.

You can start one yourself, and if it gets enough activity we can "stick" the thread for future reference.

Jim
Thanks for the suggestion, was thinking of doing this so I can help others with the same question I have. Definitely will do so, it’ll take a while, with over 300 digital offers but I’d be happy to contribute this to the forum.

In general, each studio tends to use a similar pricing structure for many of their titles. Be careful because it is not always true, but if you find a title has an attractive upgrade price, it is possible that other discs from the same studio will also have a similar D2D price. Similarly, if the upgrade price is laughable (looking at you MGM), other titles from that same studio will also likely be the same.

Andy

In general, each studio tends to use a similar pricing structure for many of their titles. Be careful because it is not always true, but if you find a title has an attractive upgrade price, it is possible that other discs from the same studio will also have a similar D2D price. Similarly, if the upgrade price is laughable (looking at you MGM), other titles from that same studio will also likely be the same.

Andy

I thought of that as well,but I appreciate the advice. I’m just excited about D2D after doing my entire collection and want to find more great deals. Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought of that as well,but I appreciate the advice. I’m just excited about D2D after doing my entire collection and want to find more great deals. Thanks !

I have 1400 titles in my D2D list in the store and 700 movies already bought. Maybe I have a few titles registered that you are searching for.

I have 1400 titles in my D2D list in the store and 700 movies already bought. Maybe I have a few titles registered that you are searching for.
Amazing !! Thanks for replying. I’m curious about what’s available overall but I do have a few in my wishlist I can share and you can let me know what your pricing was if you have them cataloged/have D2D offers already or if you purchased them already.
I appreciate your input

Attachments

• 27A5FA0F-55BF-469C-9A1F-BC5D75CEDE17.png
    27A5FA0F-55BF-469C-9A1F-BC5D75CEDE17.png
    8.1 MB · Views: 34
  • 16CA264C-F336-40D1-A69C-6EE2F0F78E4E.png
    16CA264C-F336-40D1-A69C-6EE2F0F78E4E.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 31
  • 742347F0-4697-40F7-A064-6B5B482BBC7F.png
    742347F0-4697-40F7-A064-6B5B482BBC7F.png
    7.8 MB · Views: 27
  • C90CA0F5-51B9-4677-82CD-97FC077B2933.png
    C90CA0F5-51B9-4677-82CD-97FC077B2933.png
    6.6 MB · Views: 25
  • 6892E31E-7D24-481B-952B-9E323C22473F.png
    6892E31E-7D24-481B-952B-9E323C22473F.png
    7.9 MB · Views: 23
  • 8ABF8C56-CF55-4CE2-B546-52CDFBBC5F55.png
    8ABF8C56-CF55-4CE2-B546-52CDFBBC5F55.png
    8 MB · Views: 19
  • 6D662BEA-2C35-4D67-83FE-575D3618377A.png
    6D662BEA-2C35-4D67-83FE-575D3618377A.png
    9.1 MB · Views: 20
  • 78D0A68C-57B8-46D4-B7F9-AFE271C13E6B.png
    78D0A68C-57B8-46D4-B7F9-AFE271C13E6B.png
    8.2 MB · Views: 18
  • 641EFAF4-9251-4798-A0D3-A70E25896040.png
    641EFAF4-9251-4798-A0D3-A70E25896040.png
    7.9 MB · Views: 30
The offers come up periodically often with a thread like Oscar movies but often patience works with a vault i just buy blue rays I want to watch then upgrade when they are reduced

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The offers come up periodically often with a thread like Oscar movies but often patience works with a vault i just buy blue rays I want to watch then upgrade when they are reduced

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don’t intend on buying everything right away but I do would like to know what my options are essentially.

I thought you would generally do well, and then I saw the Disney titles in pics 3 & 4 (much heartache will be had there.)
  • Terminator: Dark Fate is $13.42
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is $16.38
  • Resident Evil & Underworld movies are sub-5
  • John Wick will likely eventually be sub-5 (as you note in your other thread)

I thought you would generally do well, and then I saw the Disney titles in pics 3 & 4 (much heartache will be had there.)
  • Terminator: Dark Fate is $13.42
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is $16.38
  • Resident Evil & Underworld movies are sub-5
  • John Wick will likely eventually be sub-5 (as you note in your other thread)

Thanks for your reply, I know the Disney titles are horrible, I have a lot of D2D Disney offers that I plan to ignore until the maybe go on a sale.
Thanks for sharing the ones you did, I have all of the John Wick movies already, they were all $4.92 and I also have a $4.92 offer for Underworld.
Please feel free to share anything else you have from the pics I posted, it’s much appreciated!

Amazing !! Thanks for replying. I’m curious about what’s available overall but I do have a few in my wishlist I can share and you can let me know what your pricing was if you have them cataloged/have D2D offers already or if you purchased them already.
I appreciate your input

Here is a list of my D2D

Blu-Ray D2D offers to 4K when available.
First Man $4.92
Ad Astra $4.92
Rocketman $13.42
Gravity $3.14
Top Gun: Maverick (I believe D2D was $20-$25 something, I bought it for $14.99 on discount)
1408 $3.14
Interview with a vampire 3.14
Fright Night (2011) $21.25
Training Day (i have D2D it in HD for $3.14 and upgrade is now $8.59)
Dark Shadows $3.14
Upgrade $3.14
Big Hero 6 $21.67
The Incredibles $21.67
The Incredibles 2 $21.67
Valerian $15.38
Moonfall $4.92
Reminiscence $4.92
Bullet Train $20.09
The Lost City (I believe D2D was $17 something, I bought it for $9.99 on discount)

DVD D2D offers
Scary Movie $13

I think I did not miss anything.

Here is a list of my D2D

Blu-Ray D2D offers to 4K when available.
First Man $4.92
Ad Astra $4.92
Rocketman $13.42
Gravity $3.14
Top Gun: Maverick (I believe D2D was $20-$25 something, I bought it for $14.99 on discount)
1408 $3.14
Interview with a vampire 3.14
Fright Night (2011) $21.25
Training Day (i have D2D it in HD for $3.14 and upgrade is now $8.59)
Dark Shadows $3.14
Upgrade $3.14
Big Hero 6 $21.67
The Incredibles $21.67
The Incredibles 2 $21.67
Valerian $15.38
Moonfall $4.92
Reminiscence $4.92
Bullet Train $20.09
The Lost City (I believe D2D was $17 something, I bought it for $9.99 on discount)

DVD D2D offers
Scary Movie $13

I think I did not miss anything.

Thanks so much for sharing your D2D offers ! Definitely some good ones on there.

Back