• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Digital Movie Poster

retinadoc

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Hi guys,

This is my first post to the forum. I just had my K-scape system installed all about a month ago and I’m addicted. I am trying to get my Home Theater looking extra legit and I’ve seen previous videos on YouTube of people with Plex servers who are able to display digital movie posters on an LCD screen, which shows the movie that is currently playing as well as time remaining. I found this particular app (MoviePoster App), and I’m wondering if anybody has tried to use it and to see what their experience has been like. I know that the site says that it is compatible with Kaleidescape, but I wanted to confirm.

Thanks in advance

There was a thread about this app recently. I have no experience with it personally, but somebody did mention using it successfully.

There was a thread about this app recently. I have no experience with it personally, but somebody did mention using it successfully.
Thanks Mike.

It looks like another movie poster app has a more slick interface and is easier to use. Going to see if that’s an option.

DS

Hi guys,

This is my first post to the forum. I just had my K-scape system installed all about a month ago and I’m addicted. I am trying to get my Home Theater looking extra legit and I’ve seen previous videos on YouTube of people with Plex servers who are able to display digital movie posters on an LCD screen, which shows the movie that is currently playing as well as time remaining. I found this particular app (MoviePoster App), and I’m wondering if anybody has tried to use it and to see what their experience has been like. I know that the site says that it is compatible with Kaleidescape, but I wanted to confirm.

Thanks in advance

I used this for a while and it worked well. When Roomie Remote came out with their Now Showing app which does basically the same thing I switched over to that since it integrates with Roomie Remote.

I used this for a while and it worked well. When Roomie Remote came out with their Now Showing app which does basically the same thing I switched over to that since it integrates with Roomie Remote.
The now showing app looks really slick

I’m going to try and go that route.

I myself use MoviePosterapp.com's application. It has a direct connect to the Kaleidescape system. Works great, although there is a bit of a lag when first firing it up. I usually use this with a 43" portrait screen.1688999667012.png

Back