• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Difficulty Reading Movie meaning?

SJHT

Seen this a few times and just wondered exactly what it means? I always thought it was a network related issue (eg. Strato playing from a Terra), but recently was doing some work in our system and accidentally pulled the network cable from a switch that connects a Strato with our network, the Strato kept playing the movie which led me to believe it was caching the movie to some extent. Guess there is a chance the movie was located on the Strato, but not likely as it was a very recent 4K movie and there is a lot of room on my Terra. Just curious. Thanks. SJ

Seen this a few times and just wondered exactly what it means? I always thought it was a network related issue (eg. Strato playing from a Terra), but recently was doing some work in our system and accidentally pulled the network cable from a switch that connects a Strato with our network, the Strato kept playing the movie which led me to believe it was caching the movie to some extent. Guess there is a chance the movie was located on the Strato, but not likely as it was a very recent 4K movie and there is a lot of room on my Terra. Just curious. Thanks. SJ

Exact the same problem i have and when u just rewind it little bit back and play it it work ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a generic message that means some data isn't accessible. Although the first thing we think of is a networking problem, it could also be a "failing" (as opposed to actually failed) drive. As drives age they can develop read/write errors, and there's an acceptable maximum number of errors before the drive exceeds the failed threshold an starts a rebuild. It is sometimes during this period of developing errors, but before the failed threshold is reached, that we see these "difficulty reading...." messages. This is why some movies playback just fine and then suddenly you get the difficulty reading message while watching a different movie. In those cases, it is likely some of the needed data is on a failing drive.

Or.....could be a networking issue (or a bad download/import, or a server/player issue).

What to do:

1. Check networking gear/connections, cables

2. Try deleting completely (meaning from trash as well), and re-downloading the content. (or importing for some Premiere systems)

3. Contact Kaleidescape Support to have them check your drive logs to see if it's a drive issue

Jim

I’ve seen the message more on my Alto/DV700. Not very often on our Stratos..... Also, the movie continues to play after a brief pause, but dislike the interruption. We have a fairly robust home network including Dell business class switches. We have QOS and network priorization for all K hardware, although I’m not sure it is needed. SJ

This is a generic message that means some data isn't accessible. Although the first thing we think of is a networking problem, it could also be a "failing" (as opposed to actually failed) drive. As drives age they can develop read/write errors, and there's an acceptable maximum number of errors before the drive exceeds the failed threshold an starts a rebuild. It is sometimes during this period of developing errors, but before the failed threshold is reached, that we see these "difficulty reading...." messages. This is why some movies playback just fine and then suddenly you get the difficulty reading message while watching a different movie. In those cases, it is likely some of the needed data is on a failing drive.

Or.....could be a networking issue (or a bad download/import, or a server/player issue).

What to do:

1. Check networking gear/connections, cables

2. Try deleting completely (meaning from trash as well), and re-downloading the content. (or importing for some Premiere systems)

3. Contact Kaleidescape Support to have them check your drive logs to see if it's a drive issue

Jim

Can u advice how can i deleted from the trash also ?

My connection are well i try in other scene same movie and other that i recent download in the terra recently only in that scene i face it as i said just a small reward and play it and every thing well be fine

I will delete it for the second time and I will download another HDR movie then I will re download incredible 2 again to see what happen

I delete the movie but it show that still in my system ?

5795c18efd5f0069f0f6239e4b2730b9.jpg

When you look in the Strato internet browser does it still show up?

John

It’s on the terra what i am doing now remove it download another movie that I own then i will re download the incredible 2 after that for the third time and see

Still the same in the same scene i delete the incredible2 HDR then I download Ferdinand HDR and then re download incredible again to see what happen But nothing change

If you have both a Terra server and a Strato player (with storage) you could try to temporarily take the Terra out of the system (just unplug the ethernet cable is the easiest way) and re-download the content to the Strato. Then try to play it to see if the same problem occurs. This would help to see if the communication between server and player is or is not part of the problem. Remember to trash the extra copy of the title before you reconnect the two components or you will have duplicate copies.

I would recommend that you or your dealer contact Kaleidescape Support with a full description of the problem. If possible, list some of the times when the problem occurred or when you performed certain actions on the system to assist in their review of the logs. One way to help pinpoint when a problem occurs is to play the title close to the point where the problem occurs. Then, as soon as the problem shows up or the error message is displayed, press the right arrow button on the remote 4 times. They can see this in the logs and will then see exactly the right place to check the system logs/reports to help identify what is going on.

Hope this may help in your troubleshooting.

Wayne

Thanks Wayne

Just i want to know how I trash the movie from it’s root to download fresh again i try many time and could it found it

I send both to K and dealer about the problem with a shot of video

On the Movie Library page of the server select the check box next to the title and then click the trash button at the bottom of the page to delete. In the older premiere system it was a two step process to permanently delete a title from the library. On the Encore system you just click the trash/delete button. That is all you can do.

The Movie Library shows all titles downloaded onto any server in the system, including a Strato with storage. If there is any chance you have more than one copy of a title stored in different places (eg a copy on the Terra and another copy on the Strato) you will need to separate the components using the 'remove from system" button on the Component Settings page. Then you can check the Movie Library for each Server to make sure there are no duplicates. If there are, delete them as described above. Once finished, you can join the components back into one system.

If none of this helps, recontact your dealer and K support Monday.

Again, hope this helps.

Wayne

It is only on a Premiere system that you first “Send to Trash” and then “Delete Permanently”. On the Encore system (Strato and Terra) there is only one delete and it’s gone.

Some other things to try if you can:

Second Strato if you have one.
Check for network problems - I assume the Terra is hardwired to the network. The Strato can be used wirelessly. If it is not hardwired, I would move connect it directly even if you have to move it.

Wayne’s suggestion to download to the Strato and try it again is a good one also.

I have made the assumption that the actual movie will play correctly even through the part of the movie that includes the problamatic scene. Is this correct or doe you have problems with both?

John

Correct only the problem accrue when I play it from the scene selection and both strato and terra are wired connection in theater

How can I know each library on strato and terra from the web page ? To make sure that i have one copy

Back