• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Different region discs

Diskreet

So I started to copy my dvd collection when I realised I have quite a few region 1 discs, where my player is set to region 2.

Now I understand that I only have so many changes between regions, can I change to region 1 copy all my necessary discs, change back to region 2, and still be able to play back the region 1 discs I have copied ?

Many Thanks

Once a DVD has been successfully imported it can be played back regardless of the player region setting.

JDS is correct.

Just a suggestion, but given the limited number of Region changes allowed (4th change is final change), I'd leave the Player in the last Region used until absolutely necessary to change to a different Region. I had a client change from Region 1 to Region 2, imported a dozen movies, then changed back to Region 1 (his native Region) only to realize he had several additional Region 2's he'd missed. When he changed back to Region 2 to import those movies he was now on number 3 of the allowed changes, leaving only one more change. Large collections, with more than one Region, require good planning before importing.

Jim

If you have multiple players (or a vault) another option is to set each device to a different DVD region and then import your content in the appropriate player.

I wish I had multiple players ! But that is a very good idea for the future thank you !

So I have a cinema one, it came set as region 1, which I set to region 2 straight away, when I go back to the region settings menu it doesn't inform me on how many changes I have left. I think I remember it being 4 ?

So if it came set as 1, I changed it to 2, I should have 3 changes left which should be enough to go to 1 and back to 2 when I have got all my region 1 discs ready to copy ?

Many Thanks again guys.

If you have multiple players (or a vault) another option is to set each device to a different DVD region and then import your content in the appropriate player.

That's exactly the setup i have,a region 2 M700 & a region 1 K5000.

Ian.

Yes, you should have three changes remaining, and on that third change the Player will remain assigned to that last Region.

Jim

I wish I had multiple players ! But that is a very good idea for the future thank you !

So I have a cinema one, it came set as region 1, which I set to region 2 straight away, when I go back to the region settings menu it doesn't inform me on how many changes I have left. I think I remember it being 4 ?

So if it came set as 1, I changed it to 2, I should have 3 changes left which should be enough to go to 1 and back to 2 when I have got all my region 1 discs ready to copy ?

Many Thanks again guys.

Back