• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Design assumptions of Strato ????

I really empathize here. I want a UHD Disc Vault. Or even use the current DV700 to verify the Blu-ray Disc that came with the UHD Disc, for credit towards a UHD movie store version.

However, I understand the path forward. Digital.

Be going “not physical” this reduces the risk of potential sources for theives.

Kaleidescape played inside the rules and honored the requirements of many studios. Good on them.

I need to bow out here. I have sold my Alto and DV700, purchased 32TB of NAS and am in the process of ripping my movies, 4K included. Is it Kaleidescape? NO. BUT, I will have access to all of the movies released with the latest audio, on time, including all 4K. Functional, reasonably nice interface, I only rip the stuff I want to see on each movie (soundtrack, extras ,etc), and it looks and sounds great. BUT, I am spending untold hours doing the ripping, etc and that is not the typical K client. Once I get all of the ripping done, it will be pretty much a piece of cake.

I really do hope that K will be able to quickly address the outstanding (at least in my mind) roadblocks to the perfect high end video product.

I need to bow out here. I have sold my Alto and DV700, purchased 32TB of NAS and am in the process of ripping my movies, 4K included. Is it Kaleidescape? NO. BUT, I will have access to all of the movies released with the latest audio, on time, including all 4K. Functional, reasonably nice interface, I only rip the stuff I want to see on each movie (soundtrack, extras ,etc), and it looks and sounds great. BUT, I am spending untold hours doing the ripping, etc and that is not the typical K client. Once I get all of the ripping done, it will be pretty much a piece of cake.

I really do hope that K will be able to quickly address the outstanding (at least in my mind) roadblocks to the perfect high end video product.

Awe. Well, I cope with the Movies on a shelf. I have ripped thousands of Movies and Albums so I don’t envy your plight. Thanks for closing out and I hope you come back.

I have the best of all worlds- 4K strato with a costar Switch hooked up to a grandfathered DVD-and-Disney-ripping system. Next purchase will be a Terra server that will hold all downloads going forward. As far as I am concerned it will be nice when K adds 4 K Disney titles. At that point I’ll rebuy any Disney titles I already have in Hd (I’m not the only one Disney!) and then- I guess James Bond? BBC nature programs in 4 K? After the integration there isn’t too much I can complain about as I know K is working on more 4 K titles....

Are you able to rip the 4K version of Last Jedi?

Are you able to rip the 4K version of Last Jedi?

It can be done. When “The Last Jedi” UHD disc is released on 27 March, I do not doubt that someone will subvert the copy protection, break the terms of service, or “borrow” a “friend’s copy. I am holding out for a Kstore digital offer for the 4K version.

Also another “best of both worlds” is the DV700 + Alto + CoStar + Strato— gets you a HD Disney Titles (you own) and other movies not yet sold on the K Store too.

It can be done. When “The Last Jedi” UHD disc is released on 27 March, I do not doubt that someone will subvert the copy protection, break the terms of service, or “borrow” a “friend’s copy. I am holding out for a Kstore digital offer for the 4K version.

Also another “best of both worlds” is the DV700 + Alto + CoStar + Strato— gets you a HD Disney Titles (you own) and other movies not yet sold on the K Store too.

How long does it take for a disk to load and play from the changer?

Back