• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

• 🔷Why can't I make a new post here in "The Marketplace"? 🤔

All registered users can reply to other members' posts here in the Marketplace, to respond as potential buyer or ask questions of the seller.
    However, only members who have paid to become "Premium" members or "Patrons" can make a new "for sale" post here in Marketplace.

Premium memberships can be purchased for as little as $10... a very reasonable fee in order to sell equipment here, far lower than the seller's fee would be on eBay or Audiogon or other sites. Our site doesn't sell ads or sell user's information. This small fee is the only source of funds for the site to offset the costs it takes to run the forum.

For more information on purchasing a Premium or Patron membership, please see the Account Upgrades section of your user profile.

FOR SALE: Demo Strato Players (w/o storage)

Montucky

Need some additional Kaleidescape zones for your home? Love your Terra server and Strato in your HT, but always wanted more units for your bedrooms or family room?

I am selling two of my Strato demo units from my recently closed down home theater store. Just to be clear, these are the model without built-in storage, so you'll want to pair them with either a Terra Server or another Strato or Alto player with storage. They are in perfect shape as they have mostly just sat on a rack in a back room to feed my wall 'o' TVs, and have pretty much never seen the light of day. The units will ship in their original packaging. Retail is $3495. I am asking $2500 each, including free shipping to anywhere within the continental US.

PM me with any questions you might have!

Quick update 2/22: One unit sold and shipped. One left!

Congrats to the new owner, who's getting a Terra server from his local dealer to go along with it. You're going to love it!

Just wanted to do a quick thread bump to reflect a price reduction! I have one Strato left and am now selling for $2000. So long as you're in the contiguous United States, shipping is included and insured. Time for that extra K zone you've been wanting!

Just an FYI: I have one of our resident members in line for the unit now, and we're going through the process, BUT please feel free to place any backup offers if you're interested. Thanks.

UPDATE: Unit is back on the market! Ends up the interested party was needing a different model. Just so everybody is on the same page, the specified model number on this Strato is K0510-0000, which is the standard Strato 4K player without storage. Basically a full size version of the Strato C.

The warranty is valid through 6-1-2019. Just this weekend, on 8/11, I hooked it up to test and all works perfectly. It is now de-registered, DHCP re-enabled, re-packed up (in all of it's original packaging and box), and ready for fast shipment. It includes the original remote, Cat6 ethernet cable, HDMI cable, and the power supply of course. I've also printed out and packed a set of full color instructions for an easy install.

New price is $2000, including shipping. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!

Back