• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Deleting supplementary discs

eldosebabu

Is there any way to delete supplementary discs without having to delete the feature disc? Very useful in managing disc space

I'm interested in the answer to this one too.

John

I just deleted everything and re-imported only the feature discs. It was no effort at all, just load up the vault and let it do its thing.

Im assuming you are talking about blu-rays - What if you need to delete dvd supplementary discs?

I have a huge amount of supplementary discs that I am thinking of selectively deleting to make way for newer movies. There should be an easier way of doing this..

you can delete any movie from your library via mykaleidescape/user/movies.html

Im aware of that but to delete a supplementary disc, Ill have to delete the entire movie. So if I want to delete 500 supplementary discs, ill have to delete the whole bunch, then dig up those movies from my attic/storage and re-upload them which is a huge task. If there was an option to delete just the supplementary disc from the browser interface - it would be great..

I don't remember it ever being that difficult. The feature and supplement are listed separately in the home movie UI, you can delete the supplement without deleting the movie.

I don't recall being able to delete the supplement for a film separately.

Nope - Just checked it - not possible. The import screen lists two separate discs imported but no way to delete the supplement disc on its own.

As someone that never imports supplemental content I have not had the need to delete it, but as far as I know, the only method when the supp. is tied to the movie disc is to delete the entire movie w/supp. and then re-import only the movie, as mentioned above.

Jim

I just confirmed with K Support that we are correct, the only way to delete supp. content that is identified with the movie is to delete the movie and re-import without importing the supp. content. Also, keep in mind that you will have to completely delete the movie, including emptying the trash.

Jim

I don't remember it ever being that difficult. The feature and supplement are listed separately in the home movie UI, you can delete the supplement without deleting the movie.

Unfortunately, this is not correct brodricj. Any multi-disk import (movie+supplement, multi-disk TV season...) DOES show up as separate imports, but they are merged into one movie record. You need to access the movie record to delete it, and therefore, the original poster here is correct. Frustrating, I know the issue well myself. You must delete the entire movie (all the disks that got merged), and then re-import only the disks you want.

--josh

Wish I had known this sooner, spent ages importing supplement discs thinking I would delete them to free more space if needed. Wished id been a bit more selective now.

You can delete individual disks on a cinema one 2nd gen with ease. Why do they leave this simple feature out of a premiere line system?

Back