• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Deleting Multiple Movie Titles

steelman1991

Wasn't sure whether this was a "set-up", or "store" related question - Mods feel free to move.

i currently own a Strato/DV700 combination and I have several movies for which I have duplicate copies. To make some room in the Strato, I decided to delete some of the downloaded titles, where a disc equivalent resides in the Vault. What I have noticed is that where I want to delete the 'blu-ray quality' file from the Strato, the system also wishes to eject the disc from the Vault.

Is this normal and merely a case that I have to eject and re-insert the title to the vault to have it again recognised, or is there something more to it. I would have thought that only the downloaded version would have been deleted and the disc left in the vault untouched, but doesn't look like it.

It seems to be discs which have UV rights and which I used to download the title to the Strato.

Anyone offer a reason, or seen this happen?

Thanks

EDIT

Had previously been trying to delete from the web-browser. Moving to make amendments from the on-screen display resolved the issue.

Will take up the issues using the browser with Kscape.

When you have multiple versions of a movie on your system, if you view that movie in the browser interface, you should see a little disclosure triangle next to the title. If you click that triangle, you can individually select which version of the title you want to delete.

Or, if you don't do that and just check the top-level check box, then when you actually go to delete the movie, the button at the bottom right of the browser page will change from "Delete" to "Select Versions to Delete...". When you click that button, it displays a dialog box asking which version(s) of the movie you want to delete. By default it will delete all versions, but you can un-check (say) the cataloged versions to delete only the downloaded copies.

When you have multiple versions of a movie on your system, if you view that movie in the browser interface, you should see a little disclosure triangle next to the title. If you click that triangle, you can individually select which version of the title you want to delete.

Or, if you don't do that and just check the top-level check box, then when you actually go to delete the movie, the button at the bottom right of the browser page will change from "Delete" to "Select Versions to Delete...". When you click that button, it displays a dialog box asking which version(s) of the movie you want to delete. By default it will delete all versions, but you can un-check (say) the cataloged versions to delete only the downloaded copies.

Hi Mike

Thanks for the response. That's exactly the method I was attempting to use and the one that was throwing me the wobbly I described. Basically for double-dipped downloaded titles - the web-browser worked as expected. Where there was a disc/download combination - it gave me the ejecting disc message - but actually did nothing. Neither deleted the downloaded title from the library, or ejected the title from the Vault.

I was using your second method - checking the "top-level check box".

The only way to properly delete the titles was to carry out the actions from the on-screen display.

One pertinent piece of information which I did omit from the original post, was that I also have an Alto in the equation - to play the discs, until proper integration is introduced with the Strato - not sure whether that has any significance.

Back