• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

D2D Pricing Question

This is a pretty big bummer. I think I'm one of the lucky ones. I got my system set up last month and quickly catalogued all ~300 or so of my BDs and DVDs and went nuts upgrading pretty much everything I thought I'd actually watch more than once in the future (and then loading up on content sets and the Father's Day sale).

Looking at the detritus that remains in my digital offers section, I note that the large majority of the $4.50 and $4.92 upgrades are now more, in many cases much more. These aren't movies I was super excited about (by definition) but D2D was a huge part of why I made the move to K in the first place. Had I arrived a month or two later to find the program gutted (hopefully temporarily) I'd have been a pretty unhappy new owner.

(As it is, I'm loving the new system and watching it almost every day)

Bummer. My Digital Offers just went up $3500. Really hope this is a glitch like it was with Sony. This is the price for buying to small servers and not D2D the movies since the drives are full. Order of Terra 88TB and more 6TB for my 3U right now.

@MikeKobb , is there any official update and/or statement from Kaleidescape on this?

Is this just an error like what happened with Sony a few weeks ago that a few others have mentioned that is in the process of being fixed, or is it a permanent change?

If permanent, will K-Scape owners be given a one time opportunity by Kaleidescape to upgrade their digital offers at the prior pricing?

I think I lot of owners would at least be appreciative of that if the pricing is permanent, as many of us (myself included) would have purchased a lot of our digital offers if we had known this was coming…..

Thank you!

Yeah it sucks if it is permanent,
My D2D offers went up around $4,750 which is crazy, I easily would of bought around 50-75 movies if I new price change was happening, with something like this we should have be given notice in advance…

Hi all, apologies for the confusion. There was a bug that inadvertently affected the Disc-to-Digital pricing. It’s been corrected. You should see these prices all back to normal now.
Great news! So relieved and very happy!
I did buy a lot of D2D movies that did not was affected if it was a beginning in a price increase. (did the same when it was the Sony issue)
So in total approx. 350-400 movies bought on both these bug related events and today I finally made a decision to order a Terra 88TB and 4 more 6TB discs for my 3U.

Best bug ever!!!

Can you please find the same bug on Touchstone Pictures?

Great news! So relieved and very happy!
I did buy a lot of D2D movies that did not was affected if it was a beginning in a price increase. (did the same when it was the Sony issue)
So in total approx. 350-400 movies bought on both these bug related events and today I finally made a decision to order a Terra 88TB and 4 more 6TB discs for my 3U.

Best bug ever!!!

Can you please find the same bug on Touchstone Pictures?
Sorry, I ment Twentieth Century

I cataloged the original Dracula and The Mummy DVDs today. I haven't gotten a digital offer and they don't show "Already in the system.." when I look at the Dracula or The Mummy K pages. They show in my movie list in the K interface. Any idea why it's not recording the digital offer?

I cataloged the original Dracula and The Mummy DVDs today. I haven't gotten a digital offer and they don't show "Already in the system.." when I look at the Dracula or The Mummy K pages. They show in my movie list in the K interface. Any idea why it's not recording the digital offer?
Was the disc recognized? Maybe it just needs the UPC code entered so they can add it to the database?

Was the disc recognized? Maybe it just needs the UPC code entered so they can add it to the database?
Yes, both were recognized and show in my movie library. It's odd because all other eligible D2D movies I've cataloged have appeared in my digital offers soon after.

@MikeKobb is the D2D price for Match Point correct? It's showing $13 but all Paramount titles normally are $3.14 for Blu-ray quality.

@MikeKobb is the D2D price for Match Point correct? It's showing $13 but all Paramount titles normally are $3.14 for Blu-ray quality.

I have a similar question with Elvis. All my other WB 4K titles are 4.92

Back