• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

D2D Pricing Question

jarp81

Does anyone know if the Disc to Digital offers fluctuate in price? I have several digital offers to upgrade to HDR for $4.92, but didn’t know if the digital offer would remain at that price until I upgraded. Thanks

I've seen many go down in price to get to the $4.92 point, but can't say I've noticed many go up again once they get there. Perhaps I just buy most of them I want once I see them at the price point so I never see the increase.

Thanks for your reply. I think that I may also just go ahead and buy them, in case they do go up in price

I feel like I did see someone comment on here that a D2D price increased on some titles; a specific studio. But I can't remember what it was.

I appreciate the D2D program. After cataloging my collection (took weeks), there were many entries that are only in HD going for $3.14. I made a rule to only buy UHD versions. But if I were to buy the HD version for $3.14 and there's a UHD version in the future for $4.92, would I just have to pay the difference to convert? Anybody with experience or thoughts on this? Otherwise, I'll just wait until a UHD version is released.

I appreciate the D2D program. After cataloging my collection (took weeks), there were many entries that are only in HD going for $3.14. I made a rule to only buy UHD versions. But if I were to buy the HD version for $3.14 and there's a UHD version in the future for $4.92, would I just have to pay the difference to convert? Anybody with experience or thoughts on this? Otherwise, I'll just wait until a UHD version is released.
You’d pay the full $4.92 for UHD regardless of if you had the HD version or not.

You’d pay the full $4.92 for UHD regardless of if you had the HD version or not.
Thanks. This makes my decision easier and will help my wallet out a bit. I've easily converted over 100+ into UHD so far. At $4.92 it was a no-brainer even for movies that were so-so and may not rewatch. Like, will I ever watch Snow White and the Huntsman again? I kind of went crazy with the D2D program and all the Content sales.
There's very little hesitation in my part if I can convert my Blu-rays to UHD digital for $4.92; to buy UHD movies at $9.99 or under (each) through Content or Bundle Sales, or buy TV series (even HD) at $9.99 - $14.99.
I noticed K is having these sales very frequently and I am more happy for them for doing this.
Now with my growing collection, I just have to wait patiently for K to update their software UI for better organization. I'm sure it will come....

Well that really stinks. It looks like a bunch of studios have drastically increased D2D pricing. I had a bunch in queue that I was about to pull the trigger on. I typically buy the physical disc since they have all the special features and a digital code, then use D2D for K. This just means I will be purchasing much less through K. Very disappointing.

I haven’t noticed many studios increase outside of Warner Bros. Discovery… which doesn’t come as a shock. It’s almost as if the new CEO over there is making some really really bad decisions …. hah

Actually, it's everyone but Warner. I had D2D offers just this morning of $4.92 that are now showing as $13.42 (Sony) and $20.09 (Lionsgate and NBCUniversal).

Very disappointing if this stands. While I’d already gotten many of my favorites, there were many more I had planned on grabbing when I had more Terra space. Doubtful I’ll even consider some of them at the new prices.

Wonder if the recent ease of cataloging has made studios take notice?

Actually, it's everyone but Warner. I had D2D offers just this morning of $4.92 that are now showing as $13.42 (Sony) and $20.09 (Lionsgate and NBCUniversal).

Hm…. are you in US? For example, Lord of the Rings went from $4.92 up to $21.15! It’s Warner Bros.

I already have the extended versions so I wasn’t planning to pick up the standard ones anyway but sorry to hear others are seeing more effected titles.

Actually, yes I do see some Warner titles that are showing $21.15 now. I have a big D2D list and had to dig through it more. That's insane pricing.

I'm seeing the same thing, this happened a few weeks ago with the Sony D2D and they said it was an error and the price when back down after they fixed it. Hopefully it's another error, @MikeKobb can you check into this again?

Hm…. are you in US? For example, Lord of the Rings went from $4.92 up to $21.15! It’s Warner Bros.

I already have the extended versions so I wasn’t planning to pick up the standard ones anyway but sorry to hear others are seeing more effected titles.
I'm seeing the same on the Lord of the Rings titles, but oddly the extended versions are $4.92 and the regular are $21.15. I prefer the extended versions. I've been holding out because of space on the Terra, but I think I'll just buy the extended editions and not download them yet before they raise the price.

Assuming this is not an error, D2D just isn't a perk anymore. $1.50 - $2.00 savings.........I mean why bother?

I don't know how much warning K gets on increases, but if you are going to have this large of studio wide increases, a price increase coming heads up would be nice. I'm also assuming the studios are setting the price and K isn't changing their margin.

Edit: The other thing is K just went to all the trouble of upgrading their software allowing folks to buy external disk players to catalog their disks. Increases the payback quite a bit on a $150 external drive at $2 a disk.

Last edited:
Looking at my D2D page, I was fortunate that none of my formerly $4.92 (now much higher) upgrades were things I was interested in upgrading. Of the titles that are STILL $4.92, only Paramount seems to remain.

I don't understand why K would launch a software update that makes D2D easily available, then shortly after raise the prices on the D2D offers, It doesn't seem like a good business model if you want to get more customers buying into the K system.

Back