• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

D-Box and KScape with BluRay

Hi everybody!

I have a D-Box System and really love it. Unfortunately it doesn?t work with KScape and BluRay. It works fine with my PS3, but now my Vault arrived and I really want to put all those BluRays in the Vault. So it wouldn?t be to comfy to eject the disc everytime I would like to watch a Movie with D-Box support. At the KScape Website I just found the information, that at this time BluRay is not working. Does anybody knows a way around or at least, whether the both companies work on the problem. It?s the last thing that stands in the way for my home Cinema to be like paradise ;-)

Cheers!
Dirk

Hi Dirk, you bring up a good point and another "we'd like to have.....support" comment. I hope this is coming, but not sure how K views the work involved to make the players/system D-box compatible. Probably the same situation we presently have with 3D BR content (fortunately, most 3D BR sets also have a standard BR disc we can load into the Server and hold out the 3D disc for use with a 3D Player).

Also curious how many K owner's have a D-box system? (If you have D-box, please post any comments).

Jim

Thanks for raising this point. I am considering D-Box for my next property. Hopefully K will provide BluRay support in the not too distant future.

Hi Guys,

the D-Box System is so cool, if you are into any kind of action movies. I don?t know, how I could live without it ;-)

What I do not understand is why the PS3 is able to support the correct audio stream and the KS System does not. More or less it?s always a digital audio bitstream encoded as DTS or DD, that comes out of the player and is streamed through the D-Box to the preamp. Any tech guys here, that have an explanation for that?

Cheers!

Dirk

Hello Dirk,

We have added support for D-BOX compatible audio output with Blu-ray movies in KEAOS 4.1. It requires making a selection in the advanced section of the audio configuration page of the browser interface.

Go to my-kaleidescape/installer, select Components, select Settings, select Audio, select Advanced, and then:

D-BOX Mode for Movies
* Disable (default) - Send audio as described in the HDMI Audio option.
* Enable - Send D-BOX compatible audio up to 5.1-channels over HDMI and Optical/Coax

Since you have a disc vault, your system should already be running KEAOS 4.1, so you should just need to click a radio button. Please let me know if you have any problems.

Best regards,
Tom

Now THAT's service!!:)

Jim

Hi Tom,

that?s great news!! Unfortunately I am abroad and have to wait till tomorrow evening till I get back home. I will then try it out, but have no doubt, that it will work. Your service is really great. Your product is really a pleasure. We don?t know that kind of service around here in Germany anymore!! Keep on with the great work you guys do!

Cheers!

Dirk

Back