• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Current KEAOS Software: Versions and Updates

I can't comment on schedule, but yes, the idea is that you would be able to play all content on both systems through the players on the Encore system.

I can't comment on schedule, but yes, the idea is that you would be able to play all content on both systems through the players on the Encore system.[/QUOTE

Mike,
Thanks for the scoop. The Encore data point alone is very helpful and I have no problem waiting on the release date of the software, just thought I read about it and then couldn't find it again.

If you'd like to read up on what we have announced to date, you can find the details in this document.

Of course, more detail will be forthcoming as we get closer to release.

If you'd like to read up on what we have announced to date, you can find the details in this document.

Of course, more detail will be forthcoming as we get closer to release.

Thanks Mike,
I have read that and thus the reason the "mid-2016" stuck in my head, but thought I had learned of it in a thread here.
It's also the reason I got a Terra with 4 drives and opted not to buy additional 3U drives knowing I was adding a lot of movie store content in one and freeing space in the other if and when I opted to do the merge.
I will wait patiently to hear when it becomes an option.

Further to the document mentioned in #163.

A Premiere system owner who wishes to operate the server in special mode to take advantage of integration with a Strato player loses music playback in this configuration. If a M700 is grouped in the special mode for the purposes of imported DVD/BR verification for playback by Strato, is it possible to group the M-Class player in that same M700 with another Premiere server that is dedicated to music only playback?

This is the practical application for me. Two 1U servers, one M700, and a Strato. The Strato plays back all movie content on the hybrid movie system, and the M700 plays back music content on the other server.

Also, regarding importing of Disney content. Will this still be possible in the special mode if the Kaleidescape store is not available in the market where the system is located?

Back