• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Current Kaleidescape promotions

Calm-One

Information regarding new purchase and trade-up promotions that Kaleidescape offers seems to make it to this forum from time to time.

What current promotions is Kaleidescape offering at this time?

If thread responders could provide any details and any end dates that would be appreciated.

Cheers

Current promotions: (Check with your dealer for additional info.)

1. M700 Disc Vault Trade-up Program: Trade in a Movie Player, MP2, 1080p, or 1080p mini-player and receive 15% credit off the cost of an M700.

2. MDV (Mod. Disc Vault): Trade an MDV for either the M700 or the DV700 and receive a 20% credit off of the cost of either vault.

3. Disk Cartridge Trade Up Program: Purchase a new set of larger capacity disks for your current Server and K will send you a remanufactured Server containing the new KDISKS. You replicate your content from old to new Server, the return the old Server and disks to K. This works for out-of-warranty Server's as well and you receive a new two year warranty on both the Server and Disks.

4. 1U Server Trade Up to a 3U, receive a 25% credit off of the cost of a new 3U.

5. 5U Server Trade Up: Trade up to either a 1U or 3U Server and receive a 20% credit off of the cost of the new Server.

6. M-Class Player Trade Up Program: Trade in a Movie Player, MP2, 1080p, or 1080p mini-player and receive a 25% credit off of the cost of either an M300 or M500 Player.

Those are the current promotions. There is no stated "end date" and all promotions are subject to ending at anytime.

Jim

Jim,
In option #3, do you pay full price for the larger capacity disks or you get a discount from full price? I would expect that since you are giving back your current (smaller capacity) disks, you would get a credit for them.
I have a 5U server with 12 500GB disks. Can I upgrade to 750GB or 1 TB Disks?
I understand that 1TB disks are available for the 5U server now.
Thanks
Luis

Jim,
In option #3, do you pay full price for the larger capacity disks or you get a discount from full price? I would expect that since you are giving back your current (smaller capacity) disks, you would get a credit for them.
I have a 5U server with 12 500GB disks. Can I upgrade to 750GB or 1 TB Disks?
I understand that 1TB disks are available for the 5U server now.
Thanks
Luis

Hi Luis, there is "no credit" given for the disks being returned. Although most dealer's do charge full retail price for the upgrade disks (there is no "credit" or "discount" to the dealer from K), the dealer is free to set the actual pricing.

Unfortunately, this disk trade up program is not available for the 5U Servers, it applies to only 1U and 3U Servers.

(Yes, 1TB disks are available for 5U's, so you can effectively upgrade your own Server by purchasing 1TB disks and replacing them one at a time, or borrowing another 5U and buying the required number of 1TB disks to replicate your content onto the new disks.)

Jim

Jim,

Thanks for the quick reply.
If the disk trade up for 5U servers is not available from Kaleidescape, then where would you get the 1TB disk drives for a 5U server from?
I guess the only other option would be to upgrade to a 1U or 3U server for a 20% discount....
Thanks

Luis

Jim,

Thanks for the quick reply.
If the disk trade up for 5U servers is not available from Kaleidescape, then where would you get the 1TB disk drives for a 5U server from?
I guess the only other option would be to upgrade to a 1U or 3U server for a 20% discount....
Thanks

Luis

You can certainly do that (upgrade the Server to a 1U or 3U), which is the recommended path, BUT, you can buy 1TB disks for your 5U through your dealer. These are currently standard disk items appearing on out dealer price sheets, so your dealer should be able to get these for you.

Jim

Back