• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Criterion Studios

Noah Winter

I always thought that the reason Criterion no longer has a presence at K is that they did not have the contractual ability to offer UV rights. K used to offer a "Criterion Collection" collection that included many of their discs years ago per K Store.

Well I stumbled upon some research that led me to understand that currently ITunes has over 350 Criterion titles and Vudu has about 130.

I currently own 543 of their Blu-rays. I would gladly purchase a 1U+server to hold just Criterions.

Their catalog is vast, , like K their quality is legendary, and the titles include some of the best movies ever made.

Given how small Criterion is, 40 employees, I would hope communication could be reestablished between K and Criterion in the future. It would seem to be a mutually beneficial pairing.

I don’t think that K ever offered Criterion titles in the store but they use to offer bundles of DVD/BRs for purchase - one of which was “The Criterion Collection”.

https://www.kaleidescape.com/press-...uts-christmas-new-york-times-dvd-collections/

But I totally agree with you that I would like to see them added and based on the smaller studios that have been added I am hopeful that they will be added at some point.

John

Not having Criterion titles is a borderline deal breaker issue for me, as I contemplate buying a K system.. I think Criterion has the best versions of many of the films that, in my opinion, are most worth owning. Probably a third of my movie collection has come, and will continue to come from Criterion.

Back