• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Crestron help, I think...

Good Morning. I was looking for a little help with my system control, which is a Crestron (CP2e). I use Crestron's Mobile Pro G iPad App as a control panel. I have an original 5U Server, K2500 Player and KReader. Up until recently all was good and working exactly as my dealer configured it several years ago.

Then my reader started to fail. So, dyc1077 was kind enough to sell me one of his K5000 Player/Readers to replace my Kreader and K2500 Player. Everything went flawless with dyc1077 and his unit works perfectly. Thanks David.

My problem is that once the the K5000 was installed and configured EXACTLY as the K2500 was, I cannot control it via my Crestron App. It all boots up Blue and the Kaliedescape screen saver displays on my screen but that's it. I confirmed the the K5000 imports and works perfectly with the remote control built into the Kaleidescape App, just not with my Crestron. If I hook the old K2500 up and use the K5000 as just a reader all is good again.

My question is. Are the Crestron serial RS232 control codes different for the K5000 vs. the K2500?

Any help would be appreciated. Just thought I'd ask here before I reach out for my dealer in case it was something simple I was missing.

Thanks,
Richard

Kevin, thanks for the reply. I'm not sure how it is being controlled but based on the fact that it has an RS32 cable plugged in I am assuming that is how it is being controlled. Before the swap the last octet of the IP's were: Server=.109, Reader=.108, and Player=.107. Also, before I pulled the reader and player out I printed the old players setting(s) sheet. The the old and new players baud rate match and the ID were/are both set at NONE.

One more question please. Since the K5000 is both reader and player which IP address should I use .107 or .108?

Thanks for the help
Richard

FIXED!!!!

Thanks Kevin. It was the baud rate. Even though it matched I went ahead and changed it, saved it, and then changed it back. It now works. Not sure why but all is good. Thanks again. Richard

God deal,

I come from the AMX side and have always used IP control. I was about to look through the module and see if there was anything unique on the RS232 side. I doubt I would have come up with that fix though!

Kevin D.

Back