• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Cowboys & Aliens / UPC issue

avie

I was trying to import Cowboys & Aliens (blu ray) and after about an hour of trying it fails. Actually, it tries a couple of times then gives up. The disc itself looks fine and is not dirty or scratched. So I put it on my computer (w/blu ray player) and it reads just fine. In fact, I imported the whole disc, extracted the movie track, and re-wrote it to r/w blu ray disc. This new disc plays fine in a regular blu ray player, without all the menus of course (since I didn't import everything). I can even import it into the Kscape. However, what's missing is all the useful info (ratings, actors, genre, aspect ratio, etc.). I did take the UPC code and added it to the KScape, and the KScape didn't complain about it, but it's also not populating the info. How do I get the KScape to actually use the info behind the UPC?

I have the extended edition version of this BR and had no problem loading.

I am not sure why you are having problems with this one.

John

Yes, in fact mine is the extended edition also. Just fails to load at the very end. But does work fine on the computer. But I'd also like to know why my putting the content on the rw disc and telling the Kscape the UPC code didn't work either.

Checksum for the import won't match K's database for the UPC, so I wouldn't think the system would try to impose the regular bookmarks on it. Though I would expect you at least get the basic data within a few days of entering the code.

I wonder if a full rip would read properly, as I am equally stymied by discs that refuse to read for no discernable reason but do not invoke the magic error code to have them check it out.

In my quest to get the disc into the vault... since the disc reads/plays just fine on my Mac a did a full image of it (using Disk Utility) then burned it to a new writeable Blu Ray. The new disc reads fine in the Mac (and plays fine with blu ray playback software) but the KScape completely rejects it. When it tries to identify the disc is comes back as "(Unknown disc)" and just ejects it without reading the content. So somehow the "copy" of the disc is different in a way the KScape won't even read it, even though it is a bit-for-bit copy. Any ideas on why this copy doesn't work? Presumably Disk Utility is missing something along the way - although looking at the copy all the files are there and exact duplicates of the original.

Back