• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Cover without bluray ribbon

naylorman32

I know I can just replace the cover art online, but it would be MUCH, MUCH EASIER if there was an option to turn off the bluray ribbon at the top of cover art when you use a Vault. It just makes things look, cleaner. :)

So, one issue there is this: the artwork for Blu-ray movies is not the same shape as it is for DVD movies. It's short and squat by comparison. If we "turned off" the blue bars (which would actually mean downloading new cover images for all those movies), you would still not have a particularly clean look, because the covers would be different shapes.

Would it be possible to basically match up the metadata from the movies you currently have in the store as well? So basically recognizing the same movie in the vault and the store? And for titles not in the store, then that would be the titles with the bluray ribbon? I hope that made sense.

Would it be possible to basically match up the metadata from the movies you currently have in the store as well? So basically recognizing the same movie in the vault and the store? And for titles not in the store, then that would be the titles with the bluray ribbon? I hope that made sense.

In other words have the option to standardize the cover art as all-banner, all-icon (if available in store,) or leave it the current mixed-by-format?

Just to play devil's advocate a little on your preference, but don't you risk the icon getting lost in the artwork?

I can't go into a lot of detail here, but suffice it to say that the artwork for titles in the Movie Store can only be used for the downloadable movies.

Just to throw out my opinion - I like the way it is now with the blue bars. It allows me to tell the difference at a glance between BR, HD, DVD and SD downloads.

If there is a option to turn on and off, that's OK with me (I can still have leave the way it is which how I like it). If it's a one or the other, then leave it as is.

John

So Mike are you saying Kaleidescape can't use the DVD version of the cover art for the Blueray? I find that really odd. Not sure how you guys get your cover art but plenty of API's out there can grab both formats.

Back