• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

CoStar

House72

Hello All

I have an Alto and Strato C in my theater room. They are tied together using a Co Star. I also have two terra servers. I run into issues playing some of the HD movies from the theater room.

I can play the same movie from a different Strato C in my Master Bedroom.

Theater Room has JVC NX 7 and MadVR

Master Bedroom has Hisense 4K UST Projector

I am at loss for words. I am not sure if my Co Star is failing? How can I troubleshoot?

I even tried to delete the Concert (Adele) and redownload. My issue still persists. Do you guys have any idea?

I have more titles in HD with this same issue.

You can try these,

1- Confirm you have a costar switch assigned to your master bedroom Strato C and Also. Confirm the correct Strato C and Alto are assigned to your master bedroom setup. You can do this in the web interface of your main Terra under settings, system pairing.

2- Unplug all master bedroom equipment including the projector from power for a few seconds. This should solve all HDMI sink/source struggles.

3- Swap costar switches to see if the bedroom one is faulty.

4- Unpair master bedroom costar setup. Connect master bedroom Alto directly into your projector to see if it is functional.

If none of the above work, swap out the HDMI cable from the Alto to the Costar with a known good cable from the other room.

The Master Bedroom has no costar, and everything is peachy in there.

The issue is only in the theater room. I figured out the one constant for the movies where I get no Video.

1080P titles, which says 59.93898 HZ, no Video comes. If it shows 24 HZ the video works.

I left a message to Nyal and he should tell me if any settings to be changed. My system is waiting to be calibrated and hope once all that is done, none of these items happen.

What are the symptoms? I get that something isn’t right, but what exactly is that?

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the input video is 1080P title, which says 59.93898 HZ, then I only get Audio and the screen says No Signal.

Do you have your Strato set to upscale everything to 4K?

4K60 is significantly higher bandwidth than 4K24. It could be an HDMI cable issue. Especially if you have a long HDMI cable to your projector.

Is there a way to test if Co Star is the culprit
You can unpair the Strato C and Alto in your theatre and remove the Co-Star from the setup completely. If you're playing HD content that was downloaded from the store -- which I suspect you are given that you stated that your Strato C in the master bedroom could play the same movie without issue -- then Co-Star isn't involved in the attempt to play the content in your theatre anyway. The player-paired Alto would only be used for playing Blu-ray disc-based content.

It sounds more like a configuration issue based on your statement that it's only happening with 60 Hz content and not 24 Hz content. Something, somewhere isn't allowing a mode switch (personally, I suspect a configuration issue on your MadVR but that's based on having no other information at the moment).

First troubleshooting step I always recommend is to simplify your HDMI chain. Remove any and all devices that sit between your Strato C and your projector/display device. If you can successfully play the movie when the Strato C is connected directly to your projector with 1 HDMI cable, then you know it's some other device in the chain and you can start to add those devices back one by one until things stop working.

What is your setting for "Mode Selection Behavior"?
Did you try to restart your Envy when you get the "No Signal" message?

Depending on your setup, your projector info page and/or your Trinnov should report this. On my Alt32, you click on the input area on the main page. It will show that info. I doubt K has much1080i content. I also think you should contact K support…

Mh, we´ve got an Envy in our showroom as well. Can you give some advice what content to test?
I understood it´s 1080p?

Madshi on AVS asked me to contact Ryan to run a firmware update. I contacted Ryan, and he was able to run that update. I am now able to get the video.

I had issues with the Titles concerts by Adele, Phil Collins, Eagles, etc.

Cheers

I am running into an identical issue running my costar into my Nakamichi dragon soundbar, connecting to my bomaker Polaris UST. For content coming from my M500; it gives me a static screen, claims that the output is DVI. The 1080p format content will not run while the 4k content from stratos seems fine.

When connecting directly to the Polaris UST and bypassing the sound bar,it seems that both the 4k and 1080p content run fine.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Mike

Back