• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Costar and rendering of premiere source output issue

nsxboy

Hey guys,

I saw that someone else might have had the same issue but with different equipment. I'm starting a new thread hoping that an expert might be able to help me resolve this problem.

I am currently running a Bomaker polaris 4k projector, connecting via eArc to my Nakamichi dragon speaker system, and connecting the Kaleidescpe costar directly into the Nakamichi dragon speaker system.

Prior to the Nakamichi dragon speaker system instalation, I had the Costar connecting directly to the Polaris and the rendering of the premiere source and switching seems to be perfectly fine. Both the Premiere SD, HD content plays well and the Stratos content UHD and HDR plays perfectly. When retrying this post my connection to the Nakamichi dragon, it seems to work fine as well.

The issue is: When I connect the Costar to the Nakamichi dragon system, the Stratos content UHD and HDR plays perfectly on the projector and sound is amazing, however, all the Premiere source content when the costar makes the switch no longer works. I get a staticky screen, and the rendering output according to my projector is DVI 1920x1080@60hz (see attached pic)

I've tested changing all of my HDMI connections to 2.1 enabled cables, and the only way that it seems to momentary work is when I disconnect the costar HDMI cable and reconnect it back into the nakamichi dragon, at that point the Premiere content seems to be back and working in all it's splendor. If i stop the play (for the costar to go back to the kaleidescape UI) and resume play or play any other premiere sourced content, the staticky screen resumes unless I again, disconnect the HDMI cable and reconnect it.

Does anyone have any idea how to potentially resolve this? I am at a loss on what to do and would love to get some advice.

Thanks so much in advance!

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_0318.jpg
    IMG_0318.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
It sure sounds like the Nakamichi does not handle a resolution change well. Whenever the system is transitioning between Strato and Premiere, there’s a transition from HD to 4K or vice-versa. You could test this hypothesis by going into your Strato system’s browser interface and temporarily changing your Strato to limit itself to HD output (1080p). Then try playing some content from each system and see whether the issues are gone. (Don’t forget to change it back!)

If the issue disappears when there’s no resolution change, then it’s an issue in the Nak. The only thing I could think that might help would be to insert some kind of additional processing in the chain that would scale the 1080p to 4K so that the Nak never saw a resolution change, but that would be a trial-and-error exercise and you’d want to be sure whatever was doing the scaling is at least as good as your projector’s upscaling.

Back