• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Control4

langscinema

Hi.....just recently (past couple of weeks) integrated my 1st KScape system (Cinema One) into my home theater all controlled by Control4
I have to say, I cannot be happier with the results.....in fact, I was surprised with a couple bonus features such as how well the Kscape and C4 work together
My C4 dealer configured my setup so.......:
- when the movie commences, the lights dim, volume adjusts on my Denon receiver to my preset limit, lens position (Sony 600ES) adjusts to 185 or 235 based on the aspect ratio of the movie as does the automated screen mask
- when the movie ends and the credits commence, the lights ramp up and the volume lowers on my receiver
These actions all happen without me touching a remote other than to start the movie via the KScape GUI......remarkable and I grin with joy each time

You really have K to thank for this. They make it *so* easy for system integrators to do cool things like this. They really have changed the bar in this area for sure. Makes me incredibly sad whenever I have to program a remote to control something via IR. *sigh*

--Donnie

Good information in this post, thanks!

I was attempting to have a button on a Control4 light switch play music from my recently installed C1. There was some issues in doing that, and the Control4 documentation said that it could only be done with the Premier series.

I don't suppose you did any programming that would be related to getting to the music server piece of the C1? I was able to do it with my Crestron.

Thanks, Steven

Good information in this post, thanks!

I was attempting to have a button on a Control4 light switch play music from my recently installed C1. There was some issues in doing that, and the Control4 documentation said that it could only be done with the Premier series.

I don't suppose you did any programming that would be related to getting to the music server piece of the C1? I was able to do it with my Crestron.

Thanks, Steven

I believe Presets are available for C1. Make sure the bindings for Music Zone are linked correctly. It is easy to only connect HDMI in Control4 programming and forget the programming binding for the Music Zone. If the music zone is not connected then it will not launch Music Preset Programming.

Back