• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Control4 Question

langscinema

Hi......new to the K-Scape family and excited to be here

I hope I can explain this accurately .......when I was running my non-kscape media server, I could browse cover art and play a movie from the C4 GUI (media interface) and if I would be on iPhone / iPad i could start a movie remotely (not at home) for family members

1) Is is possible to begin a movie with the C4 / K-Scape remotely or do i need to be within my home wifi range?
2) Does the C4 GUI integrate with K-Scape movie server too or is the K-Scape the only option to use to execute a movie?

I don't have C4 and never have, but the answer to your question is that a K system can be controlled quite well by *any* of the aftermarket systems. You can control K quite well via IP control, and if you need to you can even use IR to control it as a K player can be set to respond to a couple different already popular DVD player remote code sets.

So if you have the capability to get to your C4 system remotely, then you'll be able to control K that way, too.

That said, if you're using an iPad, the K app is *so good* you'll likely find yourself wanting to use that over most any other control method you could have. Using that app remotely, however, might be a little more tricky, but can probably be done.

K devices are among the easiest to interface to other systems since they were BUILT with that in mind. And then K went even better with an awesome app.

--Donnie

Currently only Kscape Music will show in C4 GUI and is intended to only be used in rooms without a TV to listen to music. The Kscape GUI is so much better than C4 Media GUI, and as mentioned the Kscape Ipad interface is great.

Kscape iPad App is compatible with C4 and allows the volume, lights, and play status to launch C4 commands. So, you could pick up the iPad, go to Kscape App, select a movie, and C4 would turn on the TV and dim the lights; all with volume control. If C4 is programmed correctly, there is no need to use C4 App or C4 GUI with Kscape iPad App.

Kscape App is currently only available for the iPad. For iPhone there is a third party app called Remotescape.

Your home network could be designed to allow out of home access to Kscape, however it is not supported by Kscape. Your installer/programmer would have to configure your network.

Kscape GUI is very easy to use and the family will catch on quickily.

So if you wanted to use 4Sight to remotely control the Kscape via the C4-app, the other point to consider is whether it will work at all. For whatever reason mine shows on the stick remote and MyHome-PC, but not MyHome-Android. Hopefully they have put out an updated driver that works, or I will have to see if the older version is still kicking around.

Even then, as sbutter says, don't expect to be able to do a cover view... can't even do that in the local console-remote.

If you have Control 4 with the 4sight set up you can do this, i do it while showing customers how it works while i am on site.
So if i want to show a client how i can remote in to my system and see the ip cameras to monitor the house and if i have forgotten to switch my system off i can do it remotely.

Back