• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Control4 official driver

k3nnis

Hi all.

Does the official Control4 driver let you browse movie via the c4 app, touchscreens, neeo/halo touch remote with thumbnails? Or do you need the $200 Chowmain driver for that?

Thanks.
K.

Hi all.

Does the official Control4 driver let you browse movie via the c4 app, touchscreens, neeo/halo touch remote with thumbnails? Or do you need the $200 Chowmain driver for that?

Thanks.
K.
No it doesn’t but browsing your library on the touch screen is overrated. I have used only a handful of times. I believe Chowmain gives you a week trial. You can try and see if it is worth the $200.

No it doesn’t but browsing your library on the touch screen is overrated. I have used only a handful of times. I believe Chowmain gives you a week trial. You can try and see if it is worth the $200.
Thanks. Will see how I go. What else for the $200 provide that the free driver doesn’t have?

It can pick the first unused player and route video if you are using a video matrix switch. Maybe a couple more advance automation functions like this one.

I believe it's $300.
Thanks. Not a gimme for sure! Not sure what it has additional to the standard free c4 driver.

You need the C4 Chowmain driver. It adds another icon called Kaleidescape Server which is what you use to browse the movies. It does work on the Halo Touch.

You need the C4 Chowmain driver. It adds another icon called Kaleidescape Server which is what you use to browse the movies. It does work on the Halo Touch.
Thanks will trial it out to see if it’s worth $300.

I have to agree with you. Its over rated and I barely use it.

Chowmain driver allows programming to select a specific movie from your library also. I use it in my kid's room for one button touch and preprogramed movie starts.

I have to agree with you. Its over rated and I barely use it.
Even when I try to use this feature I find I open it and get a wheel of wait, but if I change a tab and then change back all the content is there. Makes me use it even less than I already did.

Back