• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Control System command to jump to specific tab on Collections screen

MrCaseyB

This tip is more for integrators who may be reading. I am posting it in Discoveries because you will not find this information in the Control Protocol Manual last I checked.

This command is undocumented but has been very useful to me. You may be familiar with GO_MOVIE_COLLECTIONS: and GO_MUSIC_COLLECTIONS: which take you directly to the collections place of the On Screen Display. The new command will take you to any specifically named collection:

GO_MOVIE_COLLECTION:Moms Favorites:

Would jump directly to the “Moms Favorites” movie collection from anywhere in the Kaleidescape On Screen Display. Commonly used collections are “New”,”Paused”, “Favorites”,”Favorite Scenes”,”Watch Soon” but any user defined collection can be used as well, such as “Moms Favorites” from the example above.

The same feature works for Music Collections as well, you could have a button on your touch panel that jumps directly to the “Artists” or “Genres” or “Mix Albums” collection, the command would be:

GO_MUSIC_COLLECTION:Mix Albums:

Please note that you must match the case and punctuation of the collection name.

If you are using the default Kaleidescape OSD touch panel template you will notice the 3 blue rectangular buttons near the bottom of the touch panel. These destination specific buttons change depending on where you are in the OSD. If you are in the Movie List, you have Search and Quick Jump, if you are in Movie Covers, you have Shuffle and Alphabetize. It annoyed me that there were no destination specific buttons for the Collections Screen. This area is perfect to add buttons for the new shortcut commands.

Last edited:
Wow, ok that's a great tip, and may just be reason enough for me to finally go to serial-control instead of lowly IR. Nice feature... it's going to drive me crazy now that it's available and I can't trigger it with my IR-based controls now. Argh!

Back